Product tags being cached?

Highlighted
2 0 1

I'm having an issue with product tags currently and am wondering if anyone has experienced issues with products having their tags cached? Our marketing team brought it to our attention that one of our products had  'Limited Time Only' and 'New' tags on it, even though no tags are on the product at all. After some testing, it seems that when I add a new tag e.g. 'Drinks', it removes the other tags. When I remove 'Drinks', it reverts back to the original two tags. I've checked through our codebase to see if anything would be causing this, however there's nothing I can see that would cause this behaviour. This is happening on our dev store and production store. 

Has anyone experienced issues before with product tags caching? We are using the Algolia App however this issue persists even after re-indexing the products in the app. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
656 39 86

Hey @genevieve-yf !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and welcome to our Forum Community. 

In certain cases, old tags (which had been used previously) may become cached and as a result display on your store. It is however a little tricky to tell if it is an app that is causing this, without first looking at your store.   First we will need to make sure they have been fully removed - the bulk edit tool is a great way to confirm this.  If they are not present at all here, then clearing the frontend cache of your store should help.

I've sent you an email so that we can check on this, and can also flush your store's frontend cache from here, to help remove these tags for you.

If it is something that happens to be caused by a third party app, we can help you in touching base with the app developer too.

Do reply to me when you can, so that we can have a closer look.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
274 22 37

Hey there.

If you can provide your .myshopify.com address I can send a collab request.  Happy to take a look for you (no charge).  Would just need the .myshopify link and the list of tags your seeing cached.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
2 0 1

Hi Katy,

Thanks for your help with this - much appreciated. I'll get the relevant details together and send an email through shortly!

Genevieve

1 Like
2 0 0

Hi I have same problem with tags. I removed all as bulks but are still probably in the cache of our store.

Can you help me to flush the cache store ?

Thanks

Max

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
656 39 86

Hi, @Vidalibre !

Thanks so much for joining in here, and indeed welcome to our Community. 

I have sent you an email to confirm your details, and we can take a closer look. I can then flush the frontend cache of your store for you. 

Feel free to reply to me when you can.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Kathy,

I sent all the info requested. Do you have any feedback ?

Thanks !

Max

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
656 39 86

Hi, @Vidalibre !

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid that have not yet received this. Had you replied to my email, or had you sent this from a different email address? 

Do please let me know. I am happy to forward the email to you once again.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes