Product with variants - trying to use a separate picture in the collections page

Solved
Highlighted
2 1 0

I have a product with 6 variants. I also added a separate picture (with all variants combined) to the product description. This first picture is the picture I would like to show up on the collections page - and it does, but when you move to the product page I would like to see this picture not show up anymore in the display of variants.

This 'start' picture is  not connected to any of the possible variants, so I would not expect it to be there and does nothing but spoil the overall appearance of my product page.

Working in the simple theme.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Success.

2 1 0

Thanks for reaching out, we managed to put in a workaround ourselves...

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 15 33

Hi, @ABuis!

This is Rae from Shopify. Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for posting this question and subsequent update. I'm glad to hear that you managed to find a workaround for this. 

Usually when a product has variants, and this product is clicked on, it will appear on the product page with the first variant already selected and the corresponding image for this variant displayed. However, in some cases, a featured image will display until a variant is selected, like what's outlined in this tutorial. When this happens, it may be possible to code in a specific image to display first on the product page instead. Is this how you resolved your query?

Please feel free to share more details here about the workaround you used, as this information will help benefit other Community members who may be looking for the same resolution. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes