Products added automatically to the wrong collection

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

Products that have nothing to do with a particular collection are being added into it automatically.  How do I stop this from happening and how do I eliminate unwanted products from a collection?

Salutations

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 

Have you installed any app related to products or collections?
You can remove products from collection by editing the collection.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

HI there 

I have new products going into wrong ( multiple collections ) automatically and cant for the life of me change the collection or remove them. I even tried to delete the product and republish it in Vend. 

Im new to Shopify though this is causing massive delays with our launch... its the only thing I cant fix! 

Can anyone please shed some light with instructions .

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

D&D

@oscprofessional wrote:

Hello 

Have you installed any app related to products or collections?
You can remove products from collection by editing the collection.

No I havent .... I cant edit the collection it only allows me to reorder them  :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

any chance you can instruct me. ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

If the product is automatically being added to a collection, then you can't remove that product manually you need to either change the collection rule or change whatever it is about the product that is causing it to be caught by that rule.

For example, if you have a collection that says 'if product type equals x or y then add product to collection' any products in those types would be put into the collection. So you'd need to change the product type or change the collection rule.

Bit difficult to explain, so hope that makes sense.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes