Purchase a domain name with Shopify. Is personal information on WhoIs Lookup hidden or public?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

When purchasing my domain with Shopify, will my personal information be hidden from public view when performing a WhoIs Lookup?

Wix hides your information.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1037 87 116

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @PointlessThorns,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query. 

Great question! Yes, WHOIS privacy is provided for most common domain extensions such as .com or .biz for example, but it's not provided for all domain extensions. More info can be found under "WHOIS Exceptions" in this guide if you would like to take a look. In addition, if you check out the video tutorial in the same guide, around the 2:36 mark, you'll see an example of how the checkout process works when buying a domain with Shopify and if WHOIS privacy is provided for that particular domain or not. I've included a screenshot example below too: 

18-38-3ygkd-qsl4t

Have you a store with Shopify at the moment or are you looking to join? If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 1

Ted,

Thanks for your reply. Consider this one complete.

My last starter site was with Wix. I am very happy with it but it is not for large scale e-commerce.

This one will be larger and I need Shopify to handle it.

We are getting some details finalized, we will use Shopify to purchase the domain (.com) name, we will purchase a template, we will use Shopify in conjunction with a dropship.

Thanks

PointlessThorns