Question on page speed on mobile

7 0 0

I'm trying to get a better score on Google page insights since my mobile score is quite low. Image assets accounted for most of the loading time. I have a section of images from my instagram feed that I'd like to keep on desktop but I'd like to eliminate on mobile to increase page speed.

My question is: If I use a css media query to eliminate the div block that holds my Instagram images on mobile (i.e, set the Instagram feed div to 'display: none') will the images still load? Or perhaps put a better way, from Google's perspective, will this still affect my mobile page insights score because they load on desktop?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
908 128 122

Hello ,
Can you please share you Store URL. so i can give you the best possible answer for Mobile optimization score.

Also regarding your question  "use a css media query to eliminate the div block that holds my Instagram images on mobile will the images still load?"
Yes it will load for mobile as well, Because you just hide them in mobile view didn't stop them to load in page.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire us .
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi - the site is utahterrain.com

If the images still load on mobile even if the surrounding div is set to display none, is there a way to ensure these images load only when above a certain screen width (i.e. not mobile)?

0 Likes
Explorer
103 3 11

@Mark_Pyper wrote:

I'm trying to get a better score on Google page insights since my mobile score is quite low. Image assets accounted for most of the loading time. I have a section of images from my instagram feed that I'd like to keep on desktop but I'd like to eliminate on mobile to increase page speed.

My question is: If I use a css media query to eliminate the div block that holds my Instagram images on mobile (i.e, set the Instagram feed div to 'display: none') will the images still load? Or perhaps put a better way, from Google's perspective, will this still affect my mobile page insights score because they load on desktop?

We are offering some free speed optimization this August. You can subscribe here: https://happypoints.io/shopify-free-speed-optimisation/

Vince Nguyen | Ecommerce Consultant at HappyPoints.io
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me at: vince@happypoints.io
0 Likes