Quick CSV Import Question

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,

I've just updated our CSV file to bulk remove and update a few things in the descriptions and names. I haven't changed anything else, or resorted or reordered the file. Just before re-importing, I noticed in your documentation it says: 

You can't use a product CSV to import changes to products when you used an app like Oberlo to add products to your online store. Importing products by using a CSV causes orders for your Oberlo products to stop syncing

Is this still the case even though I've just made minor changes to product descriptions and names 'Body (HTML)' field?

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
380 28 48

@Adele_O 

Yes, when you using third-party apps such as Oberlo to load products into your store. After when you get this kind of error on Shopify you have to contact app support for confirmation because those data are loading from the app. Shopify is not responsible for any losses or third party app issues. After contacting app support if you have any query then please let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

Shopify Expert | Skype: akshayvaghasiya84
 - Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if my reply helpful
 - Feel free to contact me on akshayvaghasiya84@gmail.com for any queries
 - Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me .
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello Akshay,

Thank you for your swift response. Just to clarify, I am using Oberlo, but I haven't reimported the CSV file yet, so I haven't had any errors as yet. Are you saying that even though I have only changed some product descriptions by removing some words, I will still get errors?

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
380 28 48
Well, I am telling you that it is completely depend on app because app is loading from third party server and it is not operated by Shopify. So if you have any query which belong to app then you have to contact that app support. You can get their support detail on their website or if app is available on shopify store then you can find it on developer information area.

Thank you.
Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Well, that was rather a curt response to a polite query regarding the wording and information given on a Shopify page, not an Oberlo page. Why did you initially respond and offer advice if you now write "if you have any query which belong to app then you have to contact that app support"?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
380 28 48

@Adele_O 

Sorry, but I think you are getting me wrong. I have suggested you contact app support because which query your are asking here is belongs to App. For your information, All app is not developed by Shopify and app is running through Shopify API. So Shopify has no right to access third-party app code like Oberlo. That's Why I told you to contact app support.

You can read this app documentation where they have posted a common query answer and if you are not able to find your answer then you have to contact on below email.
https://help.oberlo.com/en/

Here is the app support email. hello@oberlo.com

I was giving you the advice to save your time and provide you a solution to resolve your query faster without wasting time, but you are taking me completely wrong.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Akshay, 

I have encountered some issues with my Body HTML too. 

I have uploaded the CSV file to do bulk changes a few times and I have noticed the description (Body HTML) has been changed since.

I haven't changed it though (The column), I'm not sure it is correlated but believe so as it happened right after re-uploading the file.

Any advice you could provide? Suggest?

Would be very appreciated, 

Thank you very much, 

Hélène Robert 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
380 28 48

@MagicFteam 

Hi,

This only happens when the CSV file product body has some issues with the structure. I think you need to check the description column in the CSV properly.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

0 Likes