Random Tip Image in Order Complete Screen

QL-UK
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

We use the tip system at checkout to collect donations for a local charity. We have edited the wording in the Language and that's all perfect.

Once a customer completed their order and gets to the order complete screen if they have left a TIP there's a random image that displays with the text "TIP"

I've spoken to Shopify Support who have taken it to their technical team who have said we must have edited the code some how, but I don't know how as we are on the standard Shopify NOT the plus. and I've not been in and edited any code.

Anyone have an idea on either how to get rid of it or how to edit it into something useful.

Thanks

Matthew

Tip Image.png

Replies 5 (5)

SB_90
Shopify Partner
216 52 68

Hi Matthew

It's hard for anyone to get at that screen to actually check it as you'd actually have to place an order to do so.

Can you send us a URL that shows the order confirmation?

So on a successful order (maybe create a test one yourself so as not to risk sharing any sensitive customer info) - once it's been marked as paid with a tip included - view the order in your Admin.

1. Click the "More Actions" dropdown.
  2. Right click the "View order status page" option.
  3. Select "Copy Link Address" from the right-click menu that opens.
  4. Paste that link here.

That should then allow us to see what's being displayed on the frontend.

Thanks

QL-UK
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Here is a demo order I just made. I've noted the image and tip wording also only display one the item is fulfilled.

https://www.queerlit.co.uk/42794123414/orders/3e6e6ad00f7b3baf386a772fd9886dee

Thanks

Matthew

SB_90
Shopify Partner
216 52 68

Hi Matthew

I was getting a bit ahead of myself as unless you're on Shopify Plus you can't actually modify the JS or CSS for the checkout.

Do you have a product in your store just called "TIP".

In terms of the code - that's rendering a product called "Tip"

2BDigital_0-1608713241631.png

Or is it a custom item on the order that you can click and edit?

I suspect you'll be a bit stuck here as I'm presuming it's a custom item that Shopify themselves are adding which is going to make it difficult to modify.

QL-UK
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

This is the odd thing. We don't have an item called tip but it only happens when customer leaves a tip (we re-worded to Donation in the checkout).

It's not a custom order item.

I think you're right bout them adding it yet Shopify support and tech team say there's no way of editing any of that section as it's not Plus but they also don't know why it's happening but have not offered a solution to why it randomly comes up.

Little bit of a head banger.

Thanks for your help there.

JackRags
Tourist
6 0 6

I concur, this feature needs some work.

Customers "Donate" when they checkout, and then see "Tip" on the order confirmation page.... it's not a good look. Furthermore, that missing graphic box needs configurability or should not be there at all.