Re: Not being able to change store currency

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Peter,

I'm in the process of setting up my store. As I have yet to publish my store or Test it, the 'save' button in settings --> general is available when I change the currency from SGD to USD. However, one I click 'save', the process takes forever and refuse to complete the 'save'. I have read the consequence of changing the store currency but I would like to go ahead with the change. Can you please help me with the change, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1450 88 317

Hey, @Nick563!

It sounds like this would be a local ended issue with your device. I'd recommend checking the following to see if any of the troubleshooting steps help resolve the issue:

1. Clear your browsers cache/cookies, restart the browser and try again
  2. Using Google Chrome if you're not already and try Incognito mode. - If this resolves your issue, then it is likely one of your browser extensions or cache/cookies
  3. Disable any adblockers, firewalls, and VPN as they are known to cause issues with how Shopify operates
  4. Try a different browser; are you able to replicate the issue?
  5. If you have a mobile device, are you able to test changing the currency through the mobile app or the mobile browser? If yes, use your phone's mobile data; does this replicate the issue? If no, then the problem is likely with your internet connection. Restarting the modem should help with this. 

Let me know what you find out! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply. I finally managed to change the store currency using my mobile phone connected via WIFI.

Before that I downloaded Chrome and didn't sign in to my google account but it didn't work. I also tried using Microsoft Edge but the "settings" button wasn't even available as the blue bar that announces the remaining duration of my trail period align from the left blocking the "settings" button.

Do you any idea what is the cause of my original problem in changing the store currency as a fresh copy of Chrome without any adblocker extension didn't work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1450 88 317

@Nick563 

It's really hard to say as it does sound like it was a local ended issue. If I had to guess, it would have been a connection issue or a background program on your device that could have been interfering with the browser. Though, I am happy to hear you were able to resolve it in the end. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes