Redirect "thank you" page but not order status page

ngnmdev
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to redirect the "thank you" page to our own domain, so the customers get back to the shop after payment.

I tried adding this code to /admin/settings/checkout/

<script>
  window.location.href = 'https://www.example.com/basket.php';
</script>

But the problem is that it also redirects the Order Status page:
example.myshopify.com/49329995930/orders/1c56543f6119df3101f1fe77a3772f88

Is there a way to redirect the page the customers see after checkout BUT keep the order status page so customers can still track their orders?

Thanks

Replies 5 (5)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi, ngnmdev

Tira here, from support. 

Thanks for your question. I understand that you want to apply a script to redirect your customers from your thank you page back to your store. 

To add a script, you could use the additional scripts section of your Shopify admin by clicking into “Settings > Checkout” and locating the Additional Scripts box under Order Processing:

20-12-6prrg-evkml

You can add HTML, Liquid or tracking scripts for referrals, return on investment or conversions. Additional scripts are outside the scope of our support. For help to add this to your store, I recommend hiring a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts help with coding customizations on your store to enhance your business. You can find a list of Shopify Experts here

We also have a help doc with more information on adding additional scripts here. 

When a customer places an order. They will receive an Order Confirmation email, which includes a button that links to their order status page. You can find and adjust the order confirmation page if you need to, by logging into your Shopify admin, then click on "Settings > Notifications". When you land on this page, the order confirmation link will look like this:

20-12-r3uef-u0r9s

On the next page, you can click on "Actions > Preview" where a pop-up will show that will have a button that your customer can click on to view their order:

20-12-qdgwr-4630r

This is what the order status will look like after the customer opens it up from their order confirmation:

20-12-qwdjd-hf44c

Let me know what your thoughts are!

Did a customer reach out to you asking to be redirected to your store after receiving the thank you page? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ngnmdev
Visitor
2 0 0

Please at least read my message before sending a canned copy copy&paste response. I clearly mentioned I already found how to redirect the checkout page doing the exact same steps you mentioned. The problem is that it will also redirect the Order Status page and I do not want to redirect this page.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for getting back to me @ngnmdev

I provided the steps to add an additional script to your store to help the community should they come across your topic in search of an answer to the same questions, and I wasn't sure if you had used the same help doc to add this script in. Thank you for letting me know that you’ve followed these steps, it gives me and the community a clear picture of what this looks like on your side.

I am hearing that you want to redirect back to your store from your thank you page, and when you have applied your own redirect, it is also redirecting to your order status page.

If that's right, then this is something that would be outside our scope of support, as it sounds like an additional script was added to your checkout. I mentioned earlier that you can hire a Shopify Expert to help. Here’s where you can find a list of Shopify Experts

I am curious, what happens when customers get redirected back to your store, will they be making a new purchase, or are you hoping to provide them with a special offer?

Does anyone in the Shopify Community have any suggestions to help? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

salmansillc
9 0 0

Hey @Tira I also want to redirect customers to my Thank you page on the website. The reason for that, is I want to track that link and set that link as a goal in google Analytics. So how can I do that?

LukasBouhlel
Tourist
5 0 4

Hello Ngnmdev , you can modify the redirection url of this button to redirect users or you want to your thank you page for example to keep your order status page visible for your customers ?
capture test #5.JPG