Redirect with unknown roots, and a random search bar

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

www.ccbandanas.com

Hi there! I have 2 issues:

-The first issue is a redirect that started a couple days ago, I have no idea where it's coming from. It is not on my redirects page. I reached out to a couple apps that I used and they all say the redirect must be caused by something in my theme. When I send traffic to https://ccbandanas.com/collections/all (which I have been doing for years), the traffic is now redirected to https://ccbandanas.com/collections/all-products (which is a collection that I do not want or need). I tried removing the "all-products" collection to see if that would stop the redirect, but instead it just sent traffic to a 404 page.

-The second issue is that when you view my site on mobile and scroll all the way to the bottom, there is a random search bar that I would like removed. It does not exist on desktop, just mobile.

Please let me know what information I can provide to help solve this. Thank you for your help!

-Stephanie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1074 173 211

@CCBandanas Stephanie,

1. I'd need to have access to your store to investigate the redirect. If you're interested feel free to e-mail me.

2.a. In your Shopify Admin go to online store > themes > actions > edit code
2.b. Find Asset > theme.scss.liquid and paste this at the bottom of the file:

[class*='bc-sf-search-suggestion']{
    display: none !important;
}

I must bring your awareness to the fact that while this code will make the random search bar disappear it's just masking a deeper issue.
Perhaps a somewhat accurate analogy would be like taking a pain killer whilst having an infection: although it does seem like it fixes the issue, you're still infected.

Apparently there are tons of apps installed on your website that's adding unnecessary/unwanted code.
Ideally you'd want to get it checked and cleaned up to improve your store's speed and, subsequently, maximize the potential for sales. 

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes