Register / Login URL Change

Raj_Rana
Shopify Partner
7 0 3

Searched everywhere for this but does not seem to be an answer anywhere.

I want my registration and login URL to NOT have the word /account/ before /login or /register.

So currently it is www.sexybeast.in/account/register, or www.sexybeast.in/account/login

and I would like it to just be www.sexybeast.in/register or www.sexybeast.in/login 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Raj

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2577 338 524

Hey, @Raj_Rana

Great question! It is not currently possible to modify the URL structure for your Shopify domain due to a limitation of the Shopify system. However; our teams are actively reviewing all feedback for this feature request to determine if this is a feature we can add to the platform. Could you tell me why you're wanting to remove "account" from the URL? Does having "account" negatively impact your business? If yes, could you explain why?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Raj_Rana
Shopify Partner
7 0 3

Hi Peter,

I want to include a memorable URL structure in my offline communication for users to create an account. One less step for them when they land on the homepage.

I have had questions from a few as to how I create an account. Whilst it seems obvious to us/many, this is not to others. It's also just neater and simpler. Why even have the word "account" there when it's not really required?

I'm trying to change the icon on the top right to text at the moment to help with this. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks

Raj

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2577 338 524

@Raj_Rana 

Thank you for the context. I've added your feedback to the existing feature request. What you could consider doing as a workaround is to use URL redirects or URL shorteners to provide an easier experience for your users. Both routes would be unsupported by Shopify; however, does provide a temporary solution while we review whether or not we can allow the modification of the URLs. As for your second question, that would be theme related, and outside the purpose of this thread. 

I'd recommend posting your question in Shopify Design, providing the URL to your store, and the theme you're using to see if one of our Community members is able to provide guidance on this. Alternatively, you can also hire a Shopify Expert to change this for you. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes