Related Products by tag

edwardshaw89
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi guys,

I've followed the instructions to add related products by tag found here by Liam.

The new section is showing in the Customize menu which is good, but on the front-end I'm only seeing the <hr> and the title. The related products by tag themselves are not showing up. I've left the code from the tutorial as is. So the required tag is 'test'. I've double checked that the related products have the 'test' tag as well. 

I'm a little stumped. The page in question is https://www.mudgeemonkey.com.au/products/daily-bouquet

Any support you peeps can offer would be greatly appreciated,

Ed

0 Likes
Starbadar
Excursionist
16 3 16

Hey edwardshaw89,

This is going to be pretty hard to debug without access to the code because a multitude of issue could be at the root of the problem.

At first glance, you do have a jquery error which probably isn't causing the related products to work but I'd fix that first.

`noweekends` is undefined in your theme.js

$(document).ready( function() {
    $(function() {
      $("#date").datepicker( {
        dateFormat: 'dd/mm/yy',
        minDate: +2,
        maxDate: '+2M',
        beforeShowDay: jQuery.datepicker.noweekends
      } );
    });
  });

As for the related products, I can see the

<div id="shopify-section-related-products-by-tag" class="shopify-section"></div>

Is empty, so you could have a liquid error, schema error, not specified the right collections to be pulled, customized your theme to show the products by tag, or something else.

If you use Themekit, and deploy the file you should get an error if it's a coding error. Process of elimination ;)

GL

0 Likes
edwardshaw89
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Great. Thank you for the response so fast. 

So if I change 

jQuery.datepicker.noweekends

to

jQuery.datepicker.noWeekends

that will disable weekends on the datepicker. However, what I really want is to disable Sundays only. Or if someone wants it, I want everyday to be available. You'll have to forgive me, I'm just teaching myself to code at the moment and have next to no understanding of jQuery and Liquid. 

Thanks for pointing me towards Themekit. I'll take a look and experiment. 

0 Likes
Starbadar
Excursionist
16 3 16

Hey Edwardshaw89,

Sorry for the late response, I try not to work on weekends nowadays. Could you paste your related page code here using the Insert Code

Let's solve the first issue which is the related by tags then we can open a new post for the jquery datepicker.

0 Likes
Kamakhyaa111
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey, I'm facing the same issue related products are not showing. Though the heading tag is visible. Did you find any solution to this? 

0 Likes