Remove Blog Date From Every Page - Home, Blog Page, Blog Home Page (Venture Theme)

Solved
DanielKutcher
Excursionist
27 0 4

Hello, 

Hope you are well. I'm trying to find a way to remove the blog date from every page in which it appears in the site. I've tried a few options suggested previously in the forum, but they seem to mess up the whole site for some reason. There are 3 main areas where they appear: 

1) The home page where I've inserted a preview of the blog posts:

Home PageHome Page

2) Then again on the actual blog post page:

Blog PostBlog Post

3) And then again on the main blog post page where a preview of all blog posts is located (note: I've changed the coding to show columns of 3...normally this is the page that shows all blog posts one under another). 

All Blog PostsAll Blog Posts

Any help would be appreciated, let me know if you need me to clarify anything. 

Thanks very much for your time, 

Dan. 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2004 153 427

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @DanielKutcher 

To get the desired result will require alternating the coding of your theme, which can be done by navigating to Online Store/Themes/Actions/Edit Code. As there are different areas you wish to remove the date from, it will require altering multiple liquid files. The following steps apply to a current version of Venture; however,  they may work with other Shopify free themes as well. 

1. Home Page Section - Can be found under the "Sections" folder in "featured-articles.liquid" by removing {{ article.published_at | time_tag: format: 'date' }} from line 44

2. Blog Post Page - Can be found under the "Sections" folder in "article-content.liquid" by removing {{ article.published_at | time_tag: format: 'date' }} from line 53

3. Blog Post Collection List - Can be found under the "Templates" folder in "blog.liquid" by removing {{ article.published_at | time_tag: format: 'date' }} from line 28

Let me know if you have any questions!

Disclaimer: I dabble in a bit of coding; however, I am by no means an expert. Our frontline support teams are not trained in HTML/CSS, so if a question arises where I'm unable to assist, we can explore other potential avenues for support, or wait for someone within the community to help out. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DanielKutcher
Excursionist
27 0 4

Hi Peter, 

Thanks very much for that, those steps removed all the dates, appreciate it. 

Dan. 

amandam
Tourist
9 0 0

What would you do if you want to keep the dates, but update them so they aren't all the same for every blog post?  The problem I have, and I see it on the questioner's post as well in their picture, is that the dates shown are 1) all the same on each post and 2) they change to the current day.  Should the date being shown be the published date?  Ideally this is what I would like to see, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the premise of putting the dates on?  

Thanks!  

Amanda 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2004 153 427

@amandam 

The issue would stem from the theme you're using, and when the blog posts were created. To clarify, are you currently using a Shopify free theme on a paid account, or are you using a third-party theme? If its a Shopify free theme, then we can help get this reviewed to ensure that is fixed up; however, if its a third-party theme, then you'll want to reach out to the theme developer for further assistance. 

0 Likes
amandam
Tourist
9 0 0
We are using a Shopify theme on a paid account. The most recent blog post
added was just a couple of weeks ago.
0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2004 153 427

@amandam 

Great, thanks! I've shipped you an email to verify the store so I can have a look. 

0 Likes