Remove Domain Name From Closed Shopify Store

ZAZZY101
4 0 0

Hi Team,

I Want to Remove My Domain Name From a Closed Shopify Store. How to do it Please?

When I try to connect my Domaine name to a new store it shows me an error "A store with that domain name already exists"

Domain in question: ZAZZYPRESETS.COM

STORE: ZAZZYPRESETS.MYSHOPIFY.COM

Best regards

Replies 2 (2)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @ZAZZY101!

This is Lana from Shopify.

Thank you for reaching out about this. Since you have already closed the store that your domain is on, you will need to contact our support here in order to get this looked into. We will be able to see if it is possible for you to get access temporarily in order to be able to remove it. I am redirecting you to that link because we are currently unable to look into your account details through the Shopify Community.

If you are able to get access, in order to remove the domain you will need to take the following steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Domains.
  2. In the Third-party domains section, select the domain that you want to remove.
  3. You may see different options for this depending on which plan your account is on, do either of the following:
    • If your account is on the Basic Shopify plan, then click Remove.
    • If your account is on the Shopify Plan or higher, then click Manage > Remove.
  4. Click Remove to confirm that you want to remove and disconnect this domain.

After taking the above steps, you should be able to connect your domain again where you wish.

Let me know if you have any questions around this and I will be happy to help.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kamala-dulal
Excursionist
43 0 5

You need to point or transfer domain, you can't purchase that domain from shopify store, but you can transfer to shopify from that domain hosting. 

if you need further help, you can contact us by EMAIL or WHATSAPP