Remove blue background on page after choosing no background in themes

Solved
NVUSWebsites
Tourist
3 0 1

I am working with a shop where when change the page background color to none the background of the page becomes blue. What am I doing wrong. I have inherited this site from another developer and can not find where the blue is coming from. I have checked the css and it doesn't seem to be there either. Let me know what you need to see to help with this problem. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

Hello ,
Please share your site URL and screenshot.
So that I can check and let you know the exact solution here.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
NVUSWebsites
Tourist
3 0 1

https://beautifulblackhills.com/ is the URL. I have chosen no background in the theme and still have this dark blue in the background of the page. 

Beautiful black hills blue background with no background chosen in theme.png

0 Likes
tony5280
Shopify Partner
61 6 18

This is an accepted solution.

For some ~wild~ reason, the theme was setting background color on the HTML element! 
I have not seen color on an HTML element in a very long time. That is strange.

html {
    background-color: #012447;
}

You should find and remove this line from theme.scss.liquid using the code editor.

0 Likes

Hello
Add this css at the bottom of
Online Store->Theme->Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

main#MainContent {
    background-color: #fff;
}
Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
tony5280
Shopify Partner
61 6 18

NVUSWebsites, seems you have multiple options. You can permanently solve the issue by removing the line of code in theme.scss.liquid that sets background color on the html element to

or you can hide the issue by painting white on top of it as OSC suggests.

0 Likes
NVUSWebsites
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks everyone. I wanted to code in a background image so painting over in white wasn't an option. Thank you for helping me find where the color was in the files.