Remove "via shopifyemail.com" (NOT shopify.com) from email notifications

HamuuuCorp
1 0 0

Hi,

I have had issues sending order confirmation emails to customers where "via shopify.com" was present besides the sender's email address. This issue was solved by applying shopify's SPF to my domain setting. Now I have started to use the app Shopify Email and a similar issue occurred: "via shopifyemail.com", instead of "via shopify.com", appears near the sender's email address again.

I'm guessing applying another SPF for Shopify Email would solve the issue, but I cannot find the setting information anywhere. Could someone please suggest how I can get rid of this "via shopifyemail.com"?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
MCV
4 0 0

I spoke to Shopify about this when Shopify Email was released and they told me that there is not currently an SPF record set up to remove this.  I was given the boilerplate reply 'that sounds like a great idea so we'll definitely forward your request onto our developers'.  I personally don't understand why this wasn't included out of the box because professional companies shouldn't send emails that are emblazoned with 'via Shopifyemail.com'.  The minute this is remedied I will jump onto it straight away but until then we have to stick with my current, more expensive solution.  

If anyone knows differently please let us know, as all the other features of Shopify Email look very appealing and we're looking forward to using it!

0 Likes
MCV
4 0 0

UPDATE 21 Oct 2020

Message from Shopify Support Chat:

"So this is being implemented still as it stands, however, the full release of 'Shopify Email' will be shortly after the weekend of Black Friday Cyber Monday November 27th - 30th, so start of December would be around when to expect it".

0 Likes
Jonathan_Keane1
Tourist
6 0 1

Did anybody get anywhere with this yet? Same boat. 

Cheers,

Jon

0 Likes
MCV
4 0 0
A couple of days ago I got the answer:

Shopify has transitioned to a different system for our mailsystem and email
delivery, and there is now a way to update your DKIM settings to remove the
'via shopifyemail' you're seeing when using Shopify Email.

Aside from adding the SPF record as outlined *here
you can also follow *this link
* to get your
custom domain authenticated with DKIM.

Taking both of these steps should properly sign any emails you send from
your custom domain through Shopify, removing the 'via shopify' or 'via
shopifyemail' routing message you would otherwise see.
0 Likes
MCV
4 0 0

SPF Record:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/intro-to-shopify/initial-setup/setup-your-email#add-shopifys-spf-...

DKIM:

https://YOUR DOMAIN HERE.myshopify.com/admin/settings/sender-email

0 Likes