Removed all the .liquid -files from Shopify store (after downloaded the store Zip.)

Solved
Highlighted
Explorer
79 2 8

Hello friends,

I made a mistake with my Shopify -store and I may need some help. The problem is the following:

1. I made a store using the Shogun page builder and download the Zip. after I finished my store
2. After I downloaded the Zip. -file I removed all the code -files (which can be removed) on the Shopify dashboard (Layout, Templates, Sections, Snippets, Assets, Config and Locales) =>(don't ask why I did this :D...)
3. I removed the pages from the Shogun
4. I uploaded the finished store back to Shopify and now it doesn't appear at all - so I probably deleted some important files (in step 2.)?

My questions are:
1. if I removed some important files - can I upload those back to Shopify, where I can find these files?

Other question:
2. I have done also pages with Gempages -page builder and those files appear in my downloaded Zip. file (which done with Shogun) - can I remove Gem-page -files without making more mistakes? (I don't use Gempages -builder, anymore)
3. If I don't remove those Gempage -files - does this make any problems?

So I deleted files on my dashboard and now I'm thinking did I  remove some important. Description of my problems can be a little confusing - ask more about my steps if it helps to find a solution.

Thank you!

- TSA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1151 232 299

Hello TSA,

1) Yes if you have backup available then you can upload these fiels. If don't have backup download fresh copy of theme and then take files from there.

2) Yes you can remove Gempages templates if you are not using theme.

3) No there is no problem but if these templates called in any page unnecessarily it will impact page load speed.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
Highlighted
Explorer
79 2 8

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for the quick answer Guleria!

One more question:

1. I have now deleted all the code files (like I said earlier). Now I add a new theme (Shopify Debut) and start to build it with Shogun - everything should work?
I mean, when I deleted all the files I didn't delete any files WHICH cannot be recovered by adding a new theme? (of course, I'll lose my changes, but doesn't matter)

Thanks,

-TSA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 7 37

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Kjankko!

I hope that you are doing well.

If you install a new theme and install Shogun, it will work without any issues. Shogun has a minimal footprint on your theme to ensure that it keeps your theme nice and clean. You can find out more information about what files and modifications we make to the theme in the article below,

https://getshogun.com/help/en/articles/3638504-what-additions-does-shogun-make-to-the-theme

Of course, feel free to reach out to support if you have any questions or issues! 

Karl Jones | Team Lead, Technical Support, Shogun
support@getshogun.com | Try Shogun Page Builder for Shopify for FREE!

If you found my answer helpful, please make it as the solution!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1151 232 299

As I check your product and try to change variant but nothing happen.
First fix this issue, I mean variant ID and price have to change when dropdown selection will change.

After this you have to write a few line of basic custom JS code but if you are expert in JavaScript then you can do this with existing theme.js file.
For basic JS you can make search for onchange function and implement in your theme accordingly.
Hope this will give you idea to implement it.

Best Regards

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
79 2 8

Hi @Guleria and sorry for the late reply.

I didn't understand this: "I mean variant ID and price have to change when dropdown selection will change."

- If the product has different variations and those are the same price for all?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

How do you remove the Gempage themes?

0 Likes