I made a mistake with my Shopify -store and I may need some help. The problem is the following:
1. I made a store using the Shogun page builder and download the Zip. after I finished my store
2. After I downloaded the Zip. -file I removed all the code -files (which can be removed) on the Shopify dashboard (Layout, Templates, Sections, Snippets, Assets, Config and Locales) =>(don't ask why I did this :D...)
3. I removed the pages from the Shogun
4. I uploaded the finished store back to Shopify and now it doesn't appear at all - so I probably deleted some important files (in step 2.)?
My questions are:
1. if I removed some important files - can I upload those back to Shopify, where I can find these files?
2. I have done also pages with Gempages -page builder and those files appear in my downloaded Zip. file (which done with Shogun) - can I remove Gem-page -files without making more mistakes? (I don't use Gempages -builder, anymore)
3. If I don't remove those Gempage -files - does this make any problems?
So I deleted files on my dashboard and now I'm thinking did I remove some important. Description of my problems can be a little confusing - ask more about my steps if it helps to find a solution.
Solved! Go to the solution
1) Yes if you have backup available then you can upload these fiels. If don't have backup download fresh copy of theme and then take files from there.
2) Yes you can remove Gempages templates if you are not using theme.
3) No there is no problem but if these templates called in any page unnecessarily it will impact page load speed.
This is an accepted solution.
Thank you for the quick answer Guleria!
One more question:
1. I have now deleted all the code files (like I said earlier). Now I add a new theme (Shopify Debut) and start to build it with Shogun - everything should work?
I mean, when I deleted all the files I didn't delete any files WHICH cannot be recovered by adding a new theme? (of course, I'll lose my changes, but doesn't matter)
This is an accepted solution.
I hope that you are doing well.
If you install a new theme and install Shogun, it will work without any issues. Shogun has a minimal footprint on your theme to ensure that it keeps your theme nice and clean. You can find out more information about what files and modifications we make to the theme in the article below,
Of course, feel free to reach out to support if you have any questions or issues!
As I check your product and try to change variant but nothing happen.
First fix this issue, I mean variant ID and price have to change when dropdown selection will change.
For basic JS you can make search for onchange function and implement in your theme accordingly.
Hope this will give you idea to implement it.
Hi @Guleria and sorry for the late reply.
I didn't understand this: "I mean variant ID and price have to change when dropdown selection will change."
- If the product has different variations and those are the same price for all?