Removing Hash on sold out variant

DanielKoburn
2 0 0

Hey Everyone,

We sell gravel by cubic yards, we have set prices for 1, 2, and 3, yards but I would like to have a un clickable variant option for 10 yards that directs customers to contact us for specific pricing.  I can do this by adding the term" 10 Yards - Contact Us For Pricing", as the name of a variant and then marking it sold out or quantity = 0.  The only problem is that when quantity is 0 it puts a diagonal hash mark through the variant name.  I would like to somehow remove that hash mark.

Or if anyone knows a different way of getting the term " 10 yards - Contact us for pricing" to appear where the variant options appear let me know.  It would also be cool if you could click on it and it would link to our contact page, not sure if that is possible but if it is that would be cool.   

I have attached a screenshot to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Test Varient 2.jpg

0 Likes

Hi, why not replace the '10 yards - contact for pricing' to '10+ yards - check description'.

Then provide the action (link/contact/etc) for customer who want to buy this option on the description. You can put link/contact info in the product description.

+ Did my answers Solved your issue? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
+ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Fast response within 24hrs: askewallz@gmail.com.
0 Likes
DanielKoburn
2 0 0
Thanks for the response,

I don’t have it shown in this test product but on our live products the descriptions are already chalk full with other things explaining the product and ordering process. Also that still doesn’t solve the issue of if I named a variant “10 yards - check description” I would have to mark it as quantity = 0 to make it unclickable which would put a hash through it.
0 Likes

I'm afraid that's how variant works in shopify and other e-commerce platform. Even with custom coding, you cannot convert it into external button.

+ Did my answers Solved your issue? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
+ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Fast response within 24hrs: askewallz@gmail.com.
0 Likes