Removing 'Shopify Legacy App' data source from my Facebook Catalog

Richard_James
4 0 0
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help as I've been banging my head against a wall today on this one!

I'm managing a Shopify store with the legacy sales channels into a FB catalog, there is a data feed source called Shopify Legacy app, it contains 40 expired products and I can't remove the products or the feed. How can I remove this to remove the expired products with are bloating my catalog and showing in the store on my IG profile? I have the products I want live in a separate feed working fine, I just need to remove this one.

Screenshot 2021-01-18 144114.png

The app was created via the default Shopify Facebook integration (Sales Channel:Facebook).

I have followed the directions here (https://www.facebook.com/business/help/428079314773256) for deleting a feed, but it has had no effect, I still see 40 products listed. I don't see any app with the associated app ID in my business manager account. It was set up by a colleague, so one theory is the app is visible under his personal business manager.

Any pointers or help much appreicated as I've been going round in circles on this one!
0 Likes
YaniG
1 0 0

Hi!  I'm a Shopify/FB user, too.  I'm looking at the Shopify Legacy app in Facebook, and I'm planning on removing it, since it's obsolete and I've set up the new Facebook app through Shopify.  I'll tell you the steps I'm taking, and I'm hoping this helps you out - 

In FB's Business Integrations, Select the Shopify Legacy app - click "View and Edit" on the right hand side. 

Scroll to the bottom of the pop-up page that comes up when you do this - at the bottom of this page, you should see your user ID and a clickable "Remove" /Remove this app button.

When clicked, it should pop up a window asking if you want to delete posts that Shopify legacy posted to your timeline. You can select it - I'd hope that would do the trick.  If not, I'm hoping that Shopify support and/or Facebook support can help you out, as I'm just another user!  

Good luck!  -Yani

0 Likes
Kayla_Davis
1 0 0

We are having the same issue. I have spoken with both shopify and facebook and no one seems to have an answer or can figure out how to delete it. 

0 Likes
Richard_James
4 0 0

Hi Yani,

Thanks for this. The Shopify Legacy App has been removed in removed in Business Integrations back in 2019, unfortunately no luck in removing the associated data source in catalog manager.

Did it work for you?

Rich

0 Likes