Removing ability to click on product photos, no link redirection?

casesofcasey
1 0 0

I would like to disable the ability for people to click on products. Essentially, I just want my product page to be display only and for there to be no option to shop. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
40 4 4

Hey, @casesofcasey!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to Shopify Community!

Did you want to display your products using thumbnails on a collection page, remove their prices, and their ability to be clicked, just like this screenshot from a test store?

alt

If this is your desired setup, it's not a built-in feature in Shopify themes so the best way to achieve it is to customize your theme through coding. You may hire a Shopify Expert for further assistance with this. If you're using a third-party theme, you may reach out to the theme's support to see if they can add this customization. You can find a link to their support page by following the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Customize beside the theme you want to edit.
  3. Click the ellipsis on the header of the theme editor.
  4. Select Get support, as we can see in this screenshot from a test store. 

alt

You may also have the feature added by a Shopify Expert if the third-party theme's support is unable to do it.

If you only wanted to disable the ability for your products to be purchased, but don't need the individual product pages to be hidden, then you may simply hide the Add to cart button. If you're using a Shopify theme, you can follow the steps on this page to do this, or have this customization carried out by our Themes team using design time. Design time entitles you to 60 minute's worth of supported customizations on a Shopify theme when you're on a paid plan. We’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, so if you would like the tutorial done by our Themes team, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please feel free to visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. We can send a request to our Themes team from there.

I can't guarantee that the tutorial I have shared on hiding the Add to cart buttons will work on third-party themes however you may contact your theme's support to see if they can assist or you may also have it done by a Shopify Expert.

In addition to hiding the Add to cart button, if you don't plan on making any sales at all, it's best you also put your store on the $9 USD Pause and Build plan as the checkout is inaccessible with this plan. Visitors will still be able to access your website as browse the products, but they will not be able to go to the checkout. This adds another layer of insurance against orders being placed.

Why did you want to disable the option to shop and your products to be display-only?

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
1241 162 219

Hi @casesofcasey,

What theme are you using? Please send me the theme name, I will check it.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
David_Weru
Trailblazer
129 9 21

Hello, casesofcasey!

The simplest way would be to save your theme as a backup, search your liquid files for a loop which displays the product and comment out the link portion which adds to cart or displays the product page.

If you'd like a developer to do this, please message me.  Have a nice day.

0 Likes