Request or How to: Change Shopify Chat Button Size

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Greetings.

I am finding that the Shopify Chat button is a bit too large to my liking for smartphone screen sizes, and obscures some of the visual elements on my Shopify store. Is there a setting within Edit Code that would allow me to change this, or would the be a place to suggest being able to resize the Shopify Chat icon button? I do not want to use the text "Chat with us" option and want an icon instead. I also believe Shopify Chat app should have an option to replace the chat button icon with your own image asset if you have designed your own chat button. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1023 214 463

@v-h-hess 

Send me your store URL so I can check and assist you better.

Thank you,

Tejas

Shopify Expert | Skype: tejas.nadpara
- Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
- Feel free to contact me on support@hexaecommerce.com regarding any help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1023 214 463

@v-h-hess 

I checked and all buttons seems like fine. Send me screenshot, which button size would you like to reduce?

Thank you,

Tejas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

My complaint is the button is too big; it functions ok.

I think only Shopify can do this (I saw their real low user star rating) and hopefully feedback will give me an option. I'm unsure if editing code manually for an app is possible. I mean this Shopify Chat button that Shopify itself developed. We should have the option to put it in the lower left corner, too. If it was maybe 45-55% of its size, I'd be content. Unless there's a safe way to change at least the size for now until Shopify decides to update the app?

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 1.10.27 AM.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1023 214 463

@v-h-hess 

Yes, It's not in our control. We can't adjust the size by custom css. If there is option in app than only we can change it.

Thank you,

Tejas

0 Likes