Requesting help changing the layout of text on a collection page

DevinDnl
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hi,

I hope someone can help out with the following issue.

For our webshop we have created Collection pages.
When entering a text about the collection all of the written text appears above the shown products.
This is shown in the image below:

DevinDnl_0-1623856447458.png

This results in an ugly layout and does not help promoting the products.
Unfortunately it is not possible to edit this in the page setup itself.

What we would like is to have the text split up so the page has the following layout:
First a small introduction text,
then the products itself and
finally the rest of the text.

So basicly it would look like this image:

DevinDnl_1-1623857066470.png

Is that possible?

The text and page as it is can be found here: weloveyourface.nl/collections/reiniging 

0 Likes
OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
239 56 70

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

You've to locate and then move the following piece of code:

{{ collection.description }}

Usually this code could be found inside your templates/collections.liquid file, but it can vary depending on how your theme is structured.

Once you've located the code move it below the products.

If you're not able to do this yourself, I can assist you write me here for a free quote.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

⚡️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
⚡️ Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]
0 Likes
DevinDnl
Excursionist
14 0 4

Thank you for the quick reply.

I moved the code below the products, which transfers the entire text to the bottom.

Which is better than above, but I'm actually looking for a way to split the text in 2 parts. Do you know if that is possible?

0 Likes
OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
239 56 70

Not really... You could do it with sections, but then you'll have the same text for all collections.

⚡️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
⚡️ Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]
0 Likes