Return policy

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hi, a newbie here! I need advice on how to write up my return policy. I tried using Shopify template which has 30 days but most of the stores through Oberlo/Ali Express have 7 days return upon receipt. My question is, does Shopify have a "prefencial treatment" Or special arrangement as regards to days of return? Secondly, what address does your customer use for the returned goods (to China or to me the vendor)?
Thanks
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 31 53

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @poshvee!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

While Shopify can generate templates for your stores policies, it's important to note that you're responsible for following your published policies. Our templates are essentially guidelines you can use to build your own stores policies, and communicate those to your customers. Shopify doesn't have a preference when it comes to return times, since each business is unique in this area. Ultimately it is up to you to decide how long you will accept returns after a purchase is made, and how you will manage refunds and returns. 

When it comes to refunds and returns when dropshipping through Oberlo, suppliers generally do not accept returns. Furthermore, refunds can be issued only in the specific cases described in the suppliers’ policy, so it would be best to contact your suppliers directly to see where they stand, and then reflect that in your own stores policies.

Even with dropshipping, it's important to take responsibility for customer concerns. This helps establish trust and loyalty with your customers. My top recommendations for returns and refunds when dropshipping are: 

• Check out your suppliers’ “Returns and Refunds” policies.
  • Get the Refund Policy template from Shopify and adjust it to your needs and suppliers’ policy.
  • Since suppliers do not accept returns, you can accept them to your own address and reship those products later if they are in a good condition.
  • If any problem with the order occurs, it's best to get in touch with the supplier directly and clarify it.

I hope this helps clear up your questions, and feel free to reach out any time if you have further questions, or need any assistance. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
OK thanks Ash. Are these policies necessary, like a must to be included in the store? Since am dropshipping through Oberlo and stay in USA (If these info will help in your response) . It might sound lame but I just want to know.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 31 53

My pleasure, @poshvee!

This does not sound lame at all, and I believe this is valuable information to have. With that being said, I wouldn't be able to say for certain if having these policies is necessary or not, as our team is unable to provide legal advice. In this case, I would suggest contacting a local legal expert or a business lawyer to see what requirements you need to follow. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like