SMS Notification is incorrect when confirming pickup us ready

cward
2 0 0

When making customers aware their order is ready for in store pickup the SMS that is sent is not the default one.  It simply says "thanks for your order pickup instructions will be sent to you via email or text". The use default button is greyed out.  

Not sure how it got like this, no idea how to switch it back. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 42 80

Hi, @cward!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out to us!

The best way to check the notification would be to head over to Settings > Notifications. There, you'll find a list of different notifications that your customers receive. If you head down to the "pickup" section, you'll see one called "Ready for pickup". Make sure the text says this:

The "revert to default" option will only show if the notification has been edited. If it does have the correct text as per the screenshot above, we'll need to make sure the steps being taken when fulfilling an order are correct. To do this, we'll need some more information from you.

Could you please reply to this thread with the following?

• The steps taken when fulfilling an order where you'd expect the SMS to be sent.
  • A screenshot of the "Ready for pickup" notification in Settings > Notifications.
  • The order number where the wrong SMS was received.

If you'd prefer to share these privately, please let me know and I'll send you an email.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
cward
2 0 0

thanks Miles

The settings/notification you shared is exactly what is on mine as well.  Word for word.  

After the order is received and a order confirmation text is sent (which works as expected) then the option of sending a 'ready for pickup' email or text is available.  

It is at this point I send the "ready for pickup' notification.  Despite it looking exactly as you have shared, the message is different.  

Wondering how I return it to the default.  The return to default button isn't available to press, and it looks like the default in settings as well. 

Thanks,

Scott 

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 42 80

Hey @cward!

Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like something I'll need to look into for you. I've sent you an email requesting some more information, so if you can please reply to that and I'll be able to work out what might be going on.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes