What's the duration for SSL pending status on Shopify?

Pontus1
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi!

The SSL for my transferred domain is still pending for my website and has been for several days. Just wondering, how long does SSL Pending take and if there's any way to accelerate this process as I need to meet my launch deadline? My website is: http://fjallbjork.com/. It also states that it is not secure. 

Perhaps someone could check it out? 

Best,

Pontus Meier 

Replies 10 (10)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @Pontus1,

Hank here from Shopify.

I tried searching your domain, but it is giving me an error and not displaying correctly for me.

Additionally, I searched using this website, and it is showing there are no DNS records associated.

Can you check your domain for me, and share once more and I can take a closer look at this for you.

The most common issues with pending SSL certs are to do with multiple or incorrect A records within your DNS settings. I will share this guide about connecting your domain to Shopify, but essentially the most important information is as follows.

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65.
  • Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com.

It is important to note that there should only be one A record associated with your domain.

Let me know how you get on, or if you want to share your domain I can see what DNS records are associated currently.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Pontus1
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi @Hank 

Thank you for your answer. 

I've checked the A records, and I've made sure that it points to the Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65. 

The CNAME is correct as well. 

There is also only one A record associated with my domain. 

I also made my WHOIS information public. 

What do you mean by sharing my domain? 

The domain I want to link to shopify is: www.fjallbjork.com 

But I don't have it as my primary domain now since it is still SSL pending

Best,

Pontus  

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for the additional context.

I tried looking at your domain on the WHOis website, but I am still not seeing any DNS settings currently.

Can you confirm that you have tried the steps listed in this guide here with connecting your domain? I will also share a video below to show the process also.

Once you follow the steps above, your domain and SSL certificate will process normally within 48 hours.

Pontus1
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Hank!

Yes I have followed the steps listed in this guide. But I realise that it's about connecting a domain to Shopify that's hosted by a third party domain provider. That's not the case here.

You see, I have transferred my domain from google domains to Shopify which, I believe, is causing SSL pending. 

I should have connected my domain instead, but now it is too late... 

So the DNS record are up to date. Both A record and CNAME. 

What other solutions are there? 

Really need help. 

Pontus 

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for the additional context.

It really sounds like one or multiple issues have occurred during the process, resulting in the certs and DNS records not fully connected.

I'd like to query this with the technical team and take a closer look. Now as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

Mae1
4 0 0

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue, as I transferred my domain from Google domains to Shopify as well. Can you help me get to the bottom of the issue? My SSL has been pending for a few days now.

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 130

Hi @Pontus1!

Ivy here from Shopify.

I have had a look at the address you shared, and it appears to be working well for me now! It can take about 48 hours after editing the DNS settings for this to happen. This means that you have correctly applied the A record to point to Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65 and your your CNAME record correctly points to shops.myshopify.com.

Right now your store address is leading to the password page, so once you disable password access then your store will be launched! What are your plans for your store? Do you have a marketing plan in place at the moment? 

Thanks, Ivy. 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

Mae1
4 0 0

Ivy,

I believe you've responded to the wrong reply.

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 130

Hi there @Mae1

Can you walk me through the exact steps you have taken to transfer your domain from Google to Shopify? Do you have access to this domains current DNS settings? In order for this domain to "point" to your store correctly, the DNS settings should be: 

• A record to point to Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65
  • CNAME record points to shops.myshopify.com

If it is the case that these settings are 100% correct, more than 48 hours have passed since they were adjusted and the SSL certificate is still pending then the next step is to take a closer look at your connection. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request, where a Support Advisor can take care of you from here.

Thanks, Ivy. 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

Mae1
4 0 0
Hello,
My domain address ended in .32, I changed it to what you had and now my store isn’t even showing on my Shopify store. I’m currently freaking out. What should I do?