SSL Pending

Solved
Uza
Tourist
6 0 2

I've noticed for the last week that my domain is SSL pending. I have not launched yet and I didn't have it before at all just from this last week. What should I do and what does it mean?

Thanks

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Hi, @Uza,

Hank here from Shopify.

The most common reason that your SSL is still pending is due to what is known as domain propagation which can take up to 72 hours to update across servers worldwide, although it is normally resolved within a few hours. However, when it goes outside of this, it is usually down to the DNS settings when connecting your domain.

When a domain is purchased from within Shopify, your DNS records are automatically set, but I will share below the steps of how to connect your domain.

The most important thing to note is to ensure that there are not multiple A records associated. You will need to ensure that only one A record is associated as this will have a direct effect on your SSL certificate. I will share a snippet from the guide below for ease of access!

14-10-8u25v-xo46d

Can you share your URL, and I can check the DNS settings? Note that once you make any changes to the URL, it can take up to 72 hours as previously mentioned.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Uza
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Hank,

Thank you for your help I'm sharing my URL here: https://bambu-bottle.com/

From what I can see the DNS settings has only one A but maybe I'm wrong..?

Thanks

Uza
Tourist
6 0 2

The problem is with the www domain:

Untitled.png

Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for the screenshots, and for sharing your URL.

After taking a look at your domain URL using this website, I can now see the issue.

The issue is you have multiple A records, but one is linked incorrectly, which is causing an issue with your subdomain (www).

15-09-u77lx-sw675

To remove this option, you will need to edit the DNS settings within your Shopify managed domain. Within your admin, click on Online store > Domains > Manage > DNS settings.

Can you take a look at this section, remove that record above, and let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
Uza
Tourist
6 0 2

Yes I can see now the the SSL Pending is gone.

Thank you very much for your help! 

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

That is awesome to hear, you are very welcome, my friend!

Do reach back out to us if you need anything, stay safe, and have an awesome weekend!

0 Likes
jojobloom
1 0 0

Hello,

I am a having the same problem with 'SSL pending' 
I successfully connect my domain on Monday Oct 19 (Sydney AUST time) and as at Thursday still pending

My A record is the only one point at: 23.227.38.65

www.jojobloom.com CNAME points at shops.myshopify.com 

I am reasonably tech and web literate but I have never experienced such a long period of propagation.
Is there any other likely cause?

Mark

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Thank you for reaching out about this, Mark.

I took a look at your domain using this website and I see what the issue is.

You have two values for the A record, so this is causing the issue with the SSL certificate. 

Can you remove the highlighted version below? Once you do this, your certificate will reissue for you.

22-18-r0ikj-211l1

0 Likes
j_butchergirls
2 0 0

Hi @Hank!

I'm having the same issue with SSL Pending. We host through GoDaddy for our Shopify butchergirls.co, and added a subdomain for our second Shopify store (la.butchergirls.co) successfully. The SSL went through quickly!

Now, with ny.butchergirls.co, the SSL still says Pending but the DNS settings look correct to me. Obviously our customers can't check out in the meanwhile. Can you help?

0 Likes