SSL is still Pending after 48HOURS- Please Help!

JohnS2
Visitor
1 0 1

I purchased a Domain through a third party, the verification process has been a success, however my SSL is still pending. My store is ready to go and im ready to run adds, but it doesnt mean a thing if its not secure. Help?!

Replies 17 (17)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @JohnS2!

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out with this question. I understand how this is impacting your site, and your ability to run ads, so I'm glad to help look into your domain, and its SSL certificate, further. 

To confirm, when you connected your domain to Shopify, did you follow these steps? If so, we'll need to ensure the following DNS records are set up on your domain: 

• The A record needs to point to 23.227.38.65
  • The CNAME needs to point to shops.myshopify.com

In addition to this, it's important to make sure your domain only has one A record attached to it. If an older A record - or a different A record than Shopify's - is currently tied to your domain, this will need to be removed and replaced with Shopify's A record instead. 

If you're having trouble setting up the DNS settings on your domain to point to Shopify, I recommend reaching out to your domain provider directly and asking them for additional assistance with editing these records. We have a really helpful document here that outlines what information needs to be given to your third-party provider to get the domain set up correctly. 

However, if Shopify's DNS records have already been attached to your domain correctly for over 48 hours and you're still seeing an error with the SSL certificate, please reply directly to me here with your domain, and I can certainly take a closer look into this on my end. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with more details on this! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Tejah123
5 0 0

Hi yes,

This same thing has been happening to my domain haircuna.com . It's super upsetting because I feel like this is hurting my conversions. Could you have a look at the domain - I have already checked out the DNS settings and everything looks good against your criteria. It's been more than 48 hours. It's also a transferred domain from google. 

Please get back soon.  

TechSolver
Pathfinder
134 3 17
TechSolver
Pathfinder
134 3 17

@Tejah123 I found the problem with your DNS records.

• The A record needs to point to 23.227.38.65
  • The CNAME needs to point to shops.myshopify.com

You correctly point the A record to 23.227.38.65, but you didn't add a CNAME record pointing to shops.myshopify.com. You said your domain name is hosted on Google Domains, so here are instructions on how to add an A record. I also advise you to set the TTL to 5 minutes so that it would take less time for the change to occur. You can check your DNS records here after you make your changes.

Just like @Rae mentioned, check this Shopify support topic for more helpful documentation regarding domains.

Once @JohnS2 shares their domain name, I'll be able to check their DNS records and see what's wrong.

Tejah123
5 0 0

Hi there, 

Thanks for the swift reply however the only thing is that I longer have access to my google domain in order to change the settings? Is there anything I can do now?

TechSolver
Pathfinder
134 3 17

@Tejah123 Can you please clarify? How do you own the domain if you don't have access?

If you don't know how to find your domain, view these instructions by Google.

Tejah123
5 0 0

It’s completely transferred over to shopify.

I don’t know if that is supposed to remove it from the google domain page but it says I have no domains now that I’ve paid for the transfer to shopify.

So I cant change something  I guess that’s no longer there. 

TechSolver
Pathfinder
134 3 17

Oh, okay! I think I know what happened.

I'll be sending you an invitation to "collaborate" on your store, and I'll fix it for you.

Tejah123
5 0 0

Thanks! 

TechSolver
Pathfinder
134 3 17

@Tejah123 Okay, please wait 48 hours more and the SSL will be activated.

Tejah123
5 0 0

Hello, 

Both of my domains are not working & this is affecting my business.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Tejah123

Thank you for following up to keep us posted on your domain. I'm sorry to hear that it still isn't working correctly, and I understand the urgency in getting this resolved. 

It sounds like you may have transferred your domain to Shopify - is that correct? If so, you can edit the DNS records on your domain by logging in to your Shopify admin, clicking on 'Online Store > Domains', and selecting 'Manage'  beside your domain to edit the DNS records. Here, please ensure that your A record is pointing to 23.227.38.65, and your CNAME is pointing to shops.myshopify.com

Equally, if you haven't transferred your domain to Shopify, then you should be able to edit these records directly within your Google Domains dashboard. If you don't see this option though, I recommend reaching out to Google Domains, and providing them with these instructions, so that they can help further. 

Once you've made those changes, it can take up to 48 hours for the SSL certificate to connect. However, if you're still encountering issues with this, please let me know and I can certainly provide more assistance. 

I hope to hear back from you about this soon! 

CashleyBrooke
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I am also having a problem with a longer than 48 hour pending ssl

It looks like I transferred my domain to Shopify, I also edited the DNS records to the correct A record and CNAME. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Please help! I'm getting so frustrated and I'm ready to get this store going.

-Ashley

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @CashleyBrooke

Thanks for joining this thread. I'm happy to help look into this further. 

When you transferred your domain to Shopify, did you follow these steps? If so, where did you originally transfer your domain from?

It's possible that an extra A record may be attached to your domain and preventing the SSL certificate from connecting. So that I can double check this, can you please share your full domain with me here? 

I look forward to your reply! 

chris_rgs
Tourist
5 0 2

Same is true for me for my shopify shop rgees-health-fitness and domain connected www.rgees.co. I checked with the domain provider (GoDaddy) and have waited over 48 hours.

Please help with urgency, TX

Chris

chris_rgs
Tourist
5 0 2

I have double checked the manuals, the DNS settings on my domain DNS (A and CNAME) and try to ask Google to recrawl the domain again - get the privacy error due to missing TSL certificate recognition although it seems to exist on shopify side ...

Guimy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

My shopify store is also facing a similiar issue, the A record IP is correct and the CNAME records are also correct to what you have said above. I purchased the domain from shopify itself and ever since my store isnt working. It has been longer than 48 hours and need help please. 

Please reply as soon as possible