Solved

SSL pending on third party domain

lbdees
Visitor
2 0 0

My domain (www.shopdeeslouisville.com) is now successfully points to my Shopify site, but if you type in shopdeeslouisville.com without the www, it takes you to a blank index page with the error: "Apache Server at shopdeeslouisville.com Port 443."

I looked under the domains section of Shopify, and www.shopdeeslouisville.com is listed as my primary domain, and shopdeeslouisville.com is listed as a third party domain that is connected, but "SSL still pending". 

Are these issues related? How can I get my website to go to my Shopify page if someone doesn't type "www" at the beginning?

Accepted Solution (1)
Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @DevinDnl 

That is correct setup. 

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Thanks!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Hey, @lbdees 

Elle here!

I checked out your store and can see that the SSL certificate is now fully provisioned, which means it is enabled. It can sometimes take a few hours for the SSL to provision after you've connected your domain to Shopify! 

If you're still seeing any errors on your end, please clear your cache. If the issue persists, let me know here.

PS. Did you know you can change the icon that appears in a browser's tab? It's called a Favicon, and you can change it by following these steps!

DevinDnl
Excursionist
14 0 4

@Elle 

We have the same issue here.
www.weloveyourface.nl is now set as the primary domain and weloveyourface.nl is pending for an SSL certificate since the beginning of February.

I just deleted the domain without the www and created it again in the hope that it will not stay pending.
At my hosting provider in the DNS settings I have set weloveyourface.nl as type: A to the requested IP and www.weloveyourface.nl as type:CNAME to shops.myshopify.com.
Is that correct?

Kind Regards,
Devin

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @DevinDnl 

That is correct setup. 

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Thanks!

asenges
4 0 0

Hi same issue here! my SSL is pending after connection 48 hours ago. Can you help on this please?

le-bamboo21
Visitor
1 0 0

HI,

We have the same problem here. We still have SSL pending. Our domain is www.le-bamboo.com/

Could you please help us out here?

Kind regards,

Le-Bamboo