SSL still pending after 2 weeks

Solved
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 24

You’re very welcome, @Mark__Brown!

You can confirm that the SSL is provisioned from your Shopify admin by going to ‘Online Store > Domains’. You can also check it by going directly to your website. The security information is available in the browser bar as seen below:

05-59-nmc46-v9bb8

All the best,

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Helen

I am also having the same SSL certificate issue. We have checked everything that you have listed above and would appreciate it if you can look at my store as well.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 24

Hey, @makjay

Absolutely! I am happy to take a look at this for you. 

Please check your email. I have sent you correspondence so that we can proceed with the next steps.

Thanks,

1 Like
2 0 0

Hello , 

could you have a look at my domain to and tell me what is wrong with the ssl ? 

i can´t find it in Store/domain.. 

Let me know what info you need . 

thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 24

Hello, @Aiky

Thanks for reaching out.

Once your domain successfully connects, the SSL certificate will provision automatically. There won’t be any notices within your Shopify Admin specifically stating that it is there. A notification will show however, if the SSL certificate is not provisioned. 

Therefore, when you go to ‘Online Store > Domains’ in your Shopify admin, you should only see a green ‘Connected’ notice like in the screenshot below:

12-28-ms3qt-9csvs

What are you seeing on your Domains page? Is there a yellow or orange notification saying ‘SSL Pending’ or ‘SSL Failed’?

1 Like
5 0 0

Hi Helen

My issue has been sorted from another ticket. Thank you for getting back to me.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply, 

actually i got this message from my domain host so I'm not sure if the problem comes from you or them.. .

``Nos ponemos en contacto contigo debido a que no es posible realizar la emisión del certificado SSL para www.bluemarin.es debido a que este tiene configurado un registro CAA que lo impide, el registro en cuestión es el siguiente:

shops.myshopify.com. 1800 IN CAA 0 issue "digicert.com"
shops.myshopify.com. 1800 IN CAA 0 issue "globalsign.com"
shops.myshopify.com. 1800 IN CAA 0 issue "letsencrypt.org"

Para poder realizar la emisión del certificado SSL será necesario que elimines dicha entrada o configures también la de Comodo:

shops.myshopify.com. 3600 IN CAA 0 issue "comodo.com"

Este cambio deberás realizarlo en Shopify. Avísanos una vez realizado el cambio para poder relanzar la solicitud de emisión del certificado SSL. ``

Hope your Spanish is good :)

i can't find in the hosting these details  so maybe its somewhere on Shopify ? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 24

Thank you for all of the information, @Aiky!

I used Google translate to read the message from your domain host, and the issue appears to be on their end; They mention your DNS settings contain a CAA record, which can be a reason for SSL issues. Therefore, I recommend contacting them directly and providing them with these DNS settings to have them adjust as needed.

If you are not seeing any ‘failed’ or ‘pending’ notifications about your SSL certificate from within your Shopify admin, then it has successfully been provided by us.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 24

My pleasure, @makjay!

I am happy that you were able to get it sorted out, and I appreciate you letting me know that it has been resolved.

All the best,

0 Likes