Why is the wrong variant added to the cart on Safari mobile browser?

Josephuk
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

We've been experiencing some issues regarding the safari mobile browser. 

When a customer adds eg variant2 to their shopping cart while using Safari on a mobile device, variant1 is added automatically.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Replies 10 (10)

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

Hi @Josephuk,

this seems to be an issue that's very closely coupled with whatever theme you are using. Thus it would be know the url to your store, so we can have a look at it!

Thank you,
Mario

★ Ja, man kann mich buchen; schreib mir eine Nachricht!
★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte
Josephuk
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi,

thanks for your response. 

Josephuk
Tourist
7 0 1
r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

I can't find a variant product, except the ones at justlift.com (which i find pretty confusing – being redirected to another online shop while browsing categories).

Mario

★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte
Josephuk
Tourist
7 0 1
Hi, sorry for the confusion. Please use this product as an example.

https://simeonpanda.com/collections/training-accessories/products/just-lift-weightlifting-belt
r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

Alright, I could reproduce wha you described on Safari on iPhone XR with a current iOS. The problem is that, no matter what size is selected, the default size-variant "Regular" gets added to the cart. Correct?

I don't have access to the Motion theme files – what modifications have you made to the original theme?

Mario

Studio Mitte
Josephuk
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Mario,

Yes this is correct. There seems to be no issue with chrome or Firefox.

Joseph

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

Alright – I'd have to take a closer look at that at the office.

What modifications were made to the theme files? If you are on a pretty vanilla version of it, I would talk to Archetype support  first; after all, it's their theme and they may be interested in having a potential bug fixed.

Mario

Studio Mitte
Josephuk
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Mario,

I'm not sure what modifications have been made, we have however had the theme for a while and this is a newish issue. The theme is, Motion by Archetype.

Ive messaged them regarding the issue, still awaiting a response.

Did you manage to take a closer look at the issue?

Joseph

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

Thanks @Josephuk ,

as I said – I'd talk to the Archetype support first.

Mario

Studio Mitte