Same product vendor's name is showing two times

Hamadzafar
4 0 0

Hi,

The same product vendor's name is showing two times in my Shopify admin. I want to show the one vendor name and needs to remove the duplicated one. How to do it? Please help.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
672 43 84

Hi, @Hamadzafar!

Sophia here from Shopify. I would love to help you sort this out so that you don't have any duplicate vendor names.

Under Products > All products, there are two places you can view the vendors. The Product vendor drop-down menu in the filters section should not contain duplicates. The Vendor column on the far right lists the vendor for each individual product, so it is expected to see a vendor name more than once there if there are multiple products listed for that vendor.

21-02-xyj6v-sxcv6

If you see the same product name more than once in the Product vendor drop-down menu and the spelling is the same for each, double check to make sure there's no difference in the case. For example,  if one is lowercase ("vendor name") and the other is uppercase ("VENDOR NAME"), that may be the cause for the duplicate. You can use the bulk editor to address and change any spelling or case differences.

Let me know if there's any more detail you can provide about the vendor names you're looking at. Is there somewhere else in the admin that you're seeing the vendor names listed, or was one of these areas where you noticed the duplicates?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Hamadzafar
4 0 0

Thanks @Sophia.

As suggested, I have checked the options. But both the vendor names are identical. What I can do now?

If I try the bulk edit option, hope it will not affect the products Please suggest.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
672 43 84

Bulk editing products will only update the information that you change and save—any columns left untouched should not change. However, I advise getting in touch with our support team through the Shopify Help Center so we can take a closer look. I'm unable to access your account from this public space, but we're happy to help via live chat, email, or callback where we can authenticate the account and investigate to find out how these duplicate names appeared and work on a resolution with you.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes