Script for hiding "return to shop" button on thank you (order confirmation) page

vereinsshop
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

Hello!
I am aware that as a general rule of thumb, anything beyond the cart is not part of the theme, but shopify's own code, and is largely impossible to edit. However, the order confirmation(thank you)  page can be customized with additional scripts, defined in the settings.

Is there a script I could run which would hide the "return to store" button on the confirmation page?

Thank you!

Replies 3 (3)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

Hey,

Unfortunately there is not a copy & paste/walk-through guide solution for this, you'd need to get a developer to custom code a script specifically for your theme.

Kind regards,
Diego

vereinsshop
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

Hello Diego!
Thank you for your reply. However, it is to my understanding that precisely this is NOT the case. I am referring to a button on the order confirmation page, which is completely independent of my theme. 
Shopify provides the possibility of adding additional scripts through its settings, not by editing the code of the theme: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/status-tracking/customize-order-status

Regards,
Jan

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

Indeed it's not related to the theme.

However, the programming language that you edit your theme is the very same you use to code the scripts for Shopify (Javascript), therefore it still does need the intervention of a developer.

The developer would need to identify the button you want to remove and code a Javascript script to eliminate/hide it.

diego_ezfy_0-1608775744476.png