Searching site-wide without searching product copy blocks

Hilary4
Tourist
4 0 0

We are building our site and have not yet launched it.   In our industry, our customers will search by topic a lot (such as, for example, "love" for products that relate to love.)  We want site-wide searches to yield results from only searching our product descriptions and tags, but not our product copy blocks (because a copy block might say, for example, "You will love this wonderful product..." which would not be an appropriate result for a search for products about love.) How can we restrict our search results in this way?  And if we need an app for that, would you recommend one?  We are using the Impulse theme.  Thank you!

0 Likes

It is possible to do that but you need an app. I would suggest to check Smart Search & Instant Search by Searchanise (I am not affiliated or related).

It allow you to enable/disable the search for the following elements

• Title
  • Description
  • SKU
  • Vendor
  • Type
  • Tags
  • Barcodes
  • Collections
• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like, if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
Propero
Shopify Partner
685 80 117

It is also possible to customize the search result by making changes in theme liquid code and only showing products rather than blogs and other text.

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in