Secomapp delivery date missing from shipping confirmation SMS text notification

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 8

Hello,

My store uses local delivery, so I've customized the shipping confirmation notifications that customers receive when orders are fulfilled to include the delivery date that they choose through the Secomapp local delivery date picker. When they do so, Secomapp tags the date as a cart attribute.

The date shows up correctly in the email notification, but does not show up in the SMS text notification. Everything else comes through except the date. There is just a blank space where the date should be.

Here is the code snippet for the email:

{% capture email_body %}Your order is scheduled for delivery on {{ attributes.Delivery-Date }}. {% endcapture %}

Here is the code snippet for the SMS text:

Your order from {{ shop.name }} is scheduled for delivery on {{ attributes.Delivery-Date }}. {% if order.order_status_url %}View order ({{ order.name }}): {{ order.order_status_url }}{% endif %}

Is there something else I need to include to make the text version work properly?

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 8

Hi again,

Still trying to get this to work. I've tried several variations based on these community tutorials, but all of them specifically reference the email notifications rather than text. Are there different coding requirements for the text notifications? Has anyone had any trouble putting any cart attributes in the text message and figured out how to get them to come through? 

Would really appreciate any guidance as this is a huge part of my business model.

Thanks again. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 8

Solved! Secomapp support team was awesome (as always). For any of you wondering about the same issue, just change the attribute to an order attribute for text notifications:

{{ attributes.Delivery-Date }}

To:

{{ order.attributes.Delivery-Date }} 
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 0

I had the same issue with delivery date and time app

@BetterWorld wrote:

Solved! Secomapp support team was awesome (as always). For any of you wondering about the same issue, just change the attribute to an order attribute for text notifications:

{{ attributes.Delivery-Date }}

To:

{{ order.attributes.Delivery-Date }} 

, I'll try this one !

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for sharing this piece of information I am glad that the support team answered your question. While I have to bring the attention to Shopify team that the Secomapp don’t always answer our questions rather they would ask for access with full privileges and this is really annoying and I have rejected their request many times. I clarified many time that I am a programmer already and I am not asking for spoon feeding answer I need to know the variable name to be able to call to retrieve the data.

so their suspicious behavior is not acceptable although the free service they are providing might help a lot of people, still they don’t have the right to access our site . And by the way, I tried once to provide them an access and they didn’t solve the problem rather they changed the website password.

0 Likes