Select country of origin other then China

6 0 0

Does any one know how to select country of origin on a aliexpress product in Oberlo or Shopyfi? The product I am able to drop-ship to my country , Sweden, has the selection of several warehouses where one is in Europe Spain and I want it to be my default setting for the item. If not and shipped form China there is a extra charge of tax and shipping that
comes to about 8 dollars that they have to additionally pay to get the product on entry to Swedish customs.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
99 14 15

Hello, @Aloraloksins

Helen here from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out today.

This is a great question! You can select a specific country of origin for an Aliexpress supplier, by editing the product information in your Shopify admin once it has been imported into your store via Oberlo.  

When multiple countries of origin are available, they import as a variant for the product, and so you need to remove the options that you do not want to source your products from. Oberlo has a Help Doc here that walks through exactly how to do this. 

I also recommend reading their advice on how to set shipping rates when dropshipping. This ensures that both you and your customers pay for shipping appropriately, and allows you to set the proper expectations when it comes to delivery times.

What types of products are you selling?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi I seem to be missing features I don't have the variants option your link shows? I am in ,all products, but don t get the detallet option that shows the warehouse as you screenshot shows. I am missing several other options. I am located in Sweden is that the reason why i am missing so many options?  Kind regards Aloraloksins

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
99 14 15

Hey, @Aloraloksins.

Thanks for following up!

The ‘Ships From’ option should still import for you even with you being located in Sweden. The warehouse location really only applies to the customers shipping address, and Aliexpress does not detect where your customer base is when selecting products. Therefore, if you choose to sell to customers outside of your home country, the multiple ‘Ships From’ options should be available. 

Is it possible that you edited the variants in Oberlo before importing into your store, and removed the warehouse locations at that time? This is what it looks like in Oberlo:

12-55-94ixq-3t2ut

You can double check this by looking at the SKU of the product in your Shopify admin. The country of the warehouse will follow the number. For example:

12-46-zof7z-botbv

Let me know what you find.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi thank you I solved it, It was me who had missed to find the variants option in Oberlo as you showed before. All good now and shipping is only to Sweden from Spain. Thank you for the help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
99 14 15

You’re very welcome, @Aloraloksins

Let me know if you have any more questions. I’m here to help.

0 Likes
6 0 0

I will and I already have one more question.I want there to be a webb page that is only for swedish customers as i have it now and another page with same name for international buyers. Is that possible to create if i duplicate the store?

0 Likes
6 0 0

I have some more questions if it's okay. In Sweden we have strict laws about online commers. One of the laws is the right to get a refund if you have changed your mind on your buy. Is there any application that handels this when using aliexpress as supplyer? Also i want to aks about shipping, when you buy from aliexpress they send all things you bought individually ,, IS there any way around that? Thank you. Best regards AloraLoksins

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
99 14 15

Hello again, @Aloraloksins.

Thanks for all of the great questions!

Yes you can duplicate your store to have a separate storefront for international customers. There are a few things to keep in mind when doing this:

1. A completely separate Shopify account is required to have a second storefront. 
  2. Although the business name can be the same on both stores, the .myshopify.com url will need to be slightly different on each account. If you have a custom domain, you will need to purchase another one that is also slightly different. 
  3. Your products need to be imported from Oberlo again on the new store instead of uploading them using a CSV. This is required in order to create a product sync between Shopify and Oberlo.

Please tell me more about why you are wanting regional versions of your store. Is it for currency purposes?

That’s a very interesting refund law that exists in Sweden! Aliexpress suppliers generally do not accept returns but they will issue refunds for a few specific reasons that you can read about here. Since Aliexpress and their individual suppliers are external to Shopify, they have their own policies, so please contact your suppliers directly for any questions or concerns regarding refunds. I also highly recommend adding a refund policy to your store. Take a look at this Blog post for some great advice on writing a refund policy.

When you receive an order containing multiple products, if the products ordered are coming from different suppliers, there really isn’t anything that can be done to combine all products into one package. If the products are coming from the same supplier, I recommend leaving a request to package all items together in the ‘custom note' section of your Oberlo settings. However, it is also a good idea to reach out to the supplier directly to ensure they can accommodate this. A shipping policy will be helpful for clarifying this with your customers. Some ideas of what to include in your shipping policy can be found here.

An alternative option is to have all orders shipped to your home address. Once received you can package them yourself, and send them to your customer in your own packaging. Keep in mind the additional shipping costs for this, and either build it into the price of the product, or increase the shipping rates in your Shopify admin in ‘Settings > Shipping’. Although this method is more costly and time consuming, it is beneficial if your goal is to create a brand.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
6 0 0

Thank you Helen I would not have been able to fix this without your help. I am really grateful. Sweden is great if your a customer, 14 day no questions asked refund policy for all online trading as a law. Have a great week and thank you for al your help!

0 Likes