Sell different product combinations with dropdown menu

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello community! This is my first post, so I hope I'm in the right forum.

My challenge:

I took over a shop for beerpong tables. What I want to do is upsell right on the product page by asking the customer how many and which cups he/she wants to add and if he/she wants to add ping pong balls as well. So the products and their variants to be combined are:

1. The table

2. 25/50/100 cups in red/blue (so 6 variants)

3. 6/12/18 ping pong balls

I would like to have two dropdown menus for both add-on products. What would be the best way to realize this in shopify?

Thank you very much for your support!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
41 3 6

Hi, @Fitnessvital!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Congratulations on your first post!

There are a couple of different options to achieve your goal of multiple variants. The first thing to note would be, Shopify limits your variants to a maximum of 100, so if any of these combinations work out to be more than 100 variants, please disregard option 1.

Adding Variants to the Product

The easiest way to get these upsells inside your product is to have them right in front of your customer. You can add 2 variants (one for balls, and one for cups) with the number options.

For example, you have your beer pong table. Then variant one would be "Add cups?" and the options would be "0 red", "0 blue", "25 red".,"25 blue" etc. Your second variant would be "Add balls?" with the options "0", "6" etc.

To add variants to your products, follow this guide.

Download an App
Our App Store has a range of apps for almost everything you need in your store. For upselling, there are numerous apps that could work for you. I've listed a couple below, but if you want to check out the full list, you can do so here: http://bit.ly/2w9mgBc.

I hope this has given you some guidance into making your goal a success. If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Cheers!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello @Miles 

thanks for your help! I have a problem with the solution you provided: If an additional product (let's say blue cups) are sold out, it doesn't show this variant as sold out because technically it is not connected to the product. Is that correct?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
41 3 6

Hi, @Fitnessvital!

If one particular variant is sold out, that would be ok. Each variant would have it's own inventory, so for the example you used, it would work like this:

Customer buys a beerpong table. They want to add 25 Blue cups and 12 pingpong balls. When they select blue cups, if the inventory is listed as 0, they would see that particular option is sold out, but still has the chance to buy the red cups - or even no cups at all. They can then still use the second variant to add balls if they wish.

So, to answer the original question, it would still list the option as sold out if the inventory is listed with no stock.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Cheers!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey,

but how do I link the inventory to the other product? Let's take the red cups as an example: I have 100 units per 25 cups in stock. They can be bought as a single product as well. If the single product is sold out, the combination table + red cups should be sold out as well. But how does Shopify know that?

0 Likes