Send product-customized emails after purchase

Kjankko-US
Shopify Partner
236 4 41

Hi,

My client sells digital products in Her Shopify store. Her products are online courses that are on the YouTube platform (hide).

Questions:

1. Course 1. Can I send a customized email to Her client (who bought the online course) and send the YouTube links to the course (12 links)

2. Course 2. Can I send a customized email also to this course AND also the links (8 links) to YouTube (different links than course 1.)

My client uses already Active Campaign - is it possible to create product-customized emails that are sent to the customer after purchase?

Replies 3 (3)

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 130

Hi @Kjankko-US!

Ivy here from Shopify, great question!

We do support selling digital products such as this on Shopify via our Digital Downloads App - is your client currently using this app? If not, it would be a great way to achieve what you are looking for! This app allows you to customise the post-purchase emails being sent to customers, so they can say whatever you need them to say and contain whichever links or files you choose. The steps for editing these emails are:

1. From your Shopify admin, click Apps.
  2. Click Digital Downloads.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the name of the email template you want to edit.
  5. Make the desired changes.
  6. Click Save to apply the changes

You can read more about how to edit settings on the digital downloads app here on our help doc. While our app is free and would carry out the functions you are looking for , there are other third party paid app options also available on our App Store which may be worth having a look over too. Some of the highest rated options are:

You can see a full list of the available apps here. Please do let me know if this will work for you!

Thanks, Ivy. 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Kjankko-US
Shopify Partner
236 4 41

Hi @Ivy 

My client uses Digital Downloads by Uplinkly -App with Her E-book (pdf -files). I added the pdf files of e-book's and it works as it should.

This problem is regarding Her online courses - which are on YouTube.

So, could it be possible to send a customized email to Her client after they buy a course?

For example that kind of emails for 2 different courses:

Course 1:

"Thank you for buying our online course X. The course is on the YouTube platform. Here are the links to the course:
www.url.com/onlinecourse-link
www.url.com/onlinecourse-link2

Course 2:

"Thank you for buying our online course Y. The course is on the YouTube platform. Here are the links to the course:
www.url.com/onlinecourse-link-3
www.url.com/onlinecourse-link-4

She has 3 different courses on YouTube, so I need to create 3 customized emails for each product. So, is it possible to create that kind of emails which are sent to the Her client's after purchasing the course for example:

1. Client purchases a online course X 
2. After the payment is done - they receive a customized email with links to the YouTube course

Is this possible with Active Campaign?

ArchitechproOU
Shopify Partner
99 2 15

Hi!

Maybe Courses app will be an option for you? It allows to upload PDF files, embed videos from YouTube and has unique pages for every course. Of course, it restricts course access from those who didn't purchase a product linked to a course yet.

Our app's admin has an instruction on how to integrate a link to the course student just purchased into order confirmation email template.