Server Not Found

kaly_k
1 0 0

Hi all,

I recently switched from using Weebly to Shopify. I'm enjoying it, but I seem to have a lot of technical issues, which is frustrating. I have a custom domain, which I bought via Weebly and have since transferred it to Shopify. My website (www.solunadesignco.com) is active. However, sometimes I cannot load it and I get an error saying "the server cannot be found". I've asked my friends to check it, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea what's causing it or how to resolve it. At certain times, it will work on my laptop, and not my mobile at the same time. I'm not sure if it's something I can fix myself or not. I recently hired a shopify expert to optimize my site speed (unrelated to this issue), it didn't seem to have much of an effect on what's happening. If I can resolve this on my own, that;d be great.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 93 139

Hi, @kaly_k. Welcome to Shopify! We’re so happy to have you join us, but I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing technical issues. Please feel free to share more about what else you’ve noticed so that I can guide you towards a fix.

In the meantime, getting a “Server cannot be found” message when attempting to visit your online store is certainly frustrating. Thank you for sharing your store link; I went to it and did not receive the same error message. Therefore, I have a few suggestions of what the cause may be, and how to troubleshoot:

• First, a “Server cannot be found” error message could be due to your domain’s DNS settings. Please double check that you are using the correct A record and CNAME by going to ‘Online Store > Domains > Manage > DNS Settings’ in your admin. The A Record and CNAME should be as follows:

21-02-wqevr-4p23v

• Another reason could be due to an issue with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If your friends are also using the same service, this could be an explanation as to why they are also having the same experience. You can test it out by using another internet connection to access your store, like your mobile data or a hotspot. Please reach out to your ISP directly if you determine this is the cause.

These tend to be the main two reasons for a “Server cannot be found” error, so hopefully one of them resolves it for you. Please keep me posted and let me know if either of them works.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes