Set the currency based on customer tag

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 0

How would you go about setting the currency based off the users tags.

So were wholesale only so all users need a tag, but I want it to make anyone tagged with euro to be in euros instead of pounds.

Alfie.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @BigAlf 

Thanks for reaching out. After going through a variety of currency apps, I wasn't able to find one that will display a currency based on the tags that are applied to their profile. However, there are a variety of auto currency conversion apps that can display in the customer's native currency based on their geolocation. Feel free to check out the variety of options in our app store.

It's worthwhile to note that some wholesale and currency conversion apps directly integrate with one another. So depending on the wholesale app you are currently using, it would be smart to find one that integrates with the other. Which Wholesale app are you currently using?

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 0

I dont want an app for it.

At the moment, I have a customercheck liquid file that checks the customer tags and assigns a name to these.

So in my theme.liquid I have {{ include 'customercheck' }} and 

{% if euro == true %}

//javascript telling the browser to append '?currency=eur'

{% endif %}

but the issue I'm having is that it doesn't seem to be a strong enough solution for the job, and wondered if there was a better way to assign it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Hi! Did you use this solution in the end, or did you come up with a more robust solution?

0 Likes