Shipping emails

cireland
Tourist
26 0 2

Hi all,

Question - I am trying to stop automatic shipping emails going out with tracking numbers.

But it appears that whenever my supplier fulfils an order it Shopify sends an email even though I have turned the option off.

customer email.JPG

Any ideas on what to do?

Best

Chris

0 Likes
ricardoceci
Shopify Expert
12 0 2

Hi @cireland :

Hope you are ok!.

1) You should check if the email is actually being sent from shopify or from your supplier.

2) Please verify that if the order is markd as fulfilled in Shopify that the Notify Customer option is unchecked.

image (48).png

3) Then if it is really being sent from shopify check that the option you mentioned is unchecked for all shipping options and not only one the default shipping option.

4) If this still persists what we usually do is to contact shopify support to manually disable the emails.

Thanks,

---

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Ricardo | Founder @ VN Studios
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
cireland
Tourist
26 0 2

Hi @ricardoceci 

Thanks for the reply.

1 - I have asked them they tell me they do not email the customer directly and I should disable the options in the notification settings in Shopify. I did this some time ago and thought that was the end of it until I placed a test order myself yesterday and got the email it shows on the order page inside Shopify that an email was sent it is also the branded email that I have in the site which I would assume is also an indication it is not from the supplier directly.  It is titled "A shipment from order #XXX is on the way" which is labelled "Shipping confirmation"

2- It's always unticked I never tick it.

3 - I am not sure what you mean, there are no email settings in the shipping profile sections and I have these 3 boxes unchecked.

customer email1.JPG

Unless I am missing something on point 3 of your reply, I am really not sure why customers are getting these emails.

I like to send the tracking info myself when I get it as I can link it to a UK carrier which I think looks better than it coming up with a Chinese carrier. So really need these emails to stop.

Thanks for your help.

@ricardoceci wrote:

Hi @cireland :

Hope you are ok!.

1) You should check if the email is actually being sent from shopify or from your supplier.

2) Please verify that if the order is markd as fulfilled in Shopify that the Notify Customer option is unchecked.

image (48).png

3) Then if it is really being sent from shopify check that the option you mentioned is unchecked for all shipping options and not only one the default shipping option.

4) If this still persists what we usually do is to contact shopify support to manually disable the emails.

Thanks,

---

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

0 Likes
cireland
Tourist
26 0 2

Hi @ricardoceci 

Were you able to look into this further? 

Or how can I contact Shopify directly to get this resolved and emails disabled? 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
cireland
Tourist
26 0 2

Anyone??

0 Likes
ricardoceci
Shopify Expert
12 0 2

Hi @cireland sorry for the delay in the response, I usually check the forums once per week, sorry I didn't reply to the notification before!.

When you are in your shopify admin, 

In local delivery you have that options checked, I think this has nothing to do, but that was the point, to have it unchecked on all the ones you don't want the customers to be notified.

Do you have an example email of what your customers are getting? I'd like to identify if this comes form shopify or from the 3rd party provider.

To contact shopify you can do it directly from the admin at the top right corner.

I will be monitoring the notifications for this post to reply you faster!.

Thanks and sorry again for the delay.

Ricardo | Founder @ VN Studios
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes

You may check DEM by LateShipment.com. It has many features including realtime notification and branded tracking page features. 

This is the link  Delivery Experience Management 

LateShipment.com
0 Likes