Shopify Buy Button & Automatic Emails

2 0 0

Hi all!

I have a client where currently we have the front-end of their site hosted on another platform, while all e-commerce funnels through the Shopify Buy Button into their dashboard. Customers can place their orders on the main site using the overlay and check out. That all works great. No problems there.

But I have one thing I can't figure out on how to do properly. The site URL (ex. www.examplestore.com) for their main website and Shopify store (ex. www.examplestore.myshopify.com) are obviously different. We have the main domain set to the site URL. That means when customers get an automatic email saying 'view my order' it tries to append the order info to the site URL, and of course they get a 404 because we are only using the buy button; none of the other Shopify functionalities are on the site.

If I manually type in www.examplestore.myshopify.com in front of the order info, it works just fine and goes to the overlay page with the order info. But how do I translate that into Liquid for the automatic emails?

Thank-you in advance!

xx

0 Likes
2 0 0

I couldn't figure out a way to edit my post, but after fiddling with this forever I think I can explain this more clearly!

In all of my client's email notifications, I need to change the {{ order_status_url }} variable.

Currently, this url spits the customer over to:
www.examplestore.com/[shopID]/orders/[ordernumber]  **This does not work because of us using the buy button.**

However the url below DOES work:
examplestore.myshopify.com/[shopID]/orders/[ordernumber]

We only want the customers to see their order as an overlay. Customer accounts are disabled and checkout is guest only. Thank-you in advance!!

0 Likes