Shopify Payment 3rd Party Payment processing error

2 0 0

So today a customer tried to checkout, and received the following error:

Failed with 401 Code:ApplicationAuthenticationFailed,Type:SYSTEM

I then tried to checkout on my site as well and received the same error.

We are using quickbooks as the payment processor, and it happens immediately after inputting credit card details and clicking on submit. 

Shopify support logged a ticket, saying someone would reach out in 24-72 hours, which is unacceptable. 

Has anyone else faced this issue? I am using quickbooks for payment processing.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 0 0

We are experiencing the same issue and also use Quickbooks as a payment processor. It's our understanding that this is entirely on Quickbooks side... on the phone with them now.

0 Likes
2 0 0

I spoke to quickbooks and they told me they see the error but it is a shopify error.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Our processing is now working fine. Not sure what happened as it appears to have fixed itself while we were attempting to resolve it with Shopify

0 Likes
2 0 0

HI WE ARE HAVING THE SAME ERROR. ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.  CAN'T GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER FROM EITHER QUICKBOOKS OR SHOPIFY

@twb4004 wrote:

Our processing is now working fine. Not sure what happened as it appears to have fixed itself while we were attempting to resolve it with Shopify

0 Likes
1 0 0

This has been an ongoing issue with my store since Sept. if the problem is not resolved this time around I will be leaving shopify for good (no more excuses you have 1 job to do!). It`s just not worth the risk of lost sales, basically the 401error code message is equal to a brink and mortars store displaying a OUT OF BUSINESS sign. Good luck gurus I hope you can get it right this time around!!

0 Likes