Shopify Store Isn't Capturing Subscriber Emails

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

The newsletter subscription boxes are not working on my Shopify theme "Mobilia". As we haven't officially launched our site yet, I don't know if these subscription boxes ever worked in the first place or if they broke.

The subscription box on the password page, the one that pops up upon the website loading, and the one in the footer menu - none of these add customer information or email to the "Customers" database in our Shopify store.

Though, on the product checkout page, when you enter information (including an email) then continue to payment, that DOES add the customer information and email to the "Customers" database.

Like I said, this issue has to do with the Mobilia theme we purchased and are using. If I switch to the free debut theme, all the subscription boxes work.

Here's a link to my store: unusualsnacks.com 

Any idea how to fix this? I'll check this post again when I'm working on the website tomorrow evening. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 50 100

Hi, @UnusualSnacks,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

You've done a great job on trouble-shooting all of that, so thanks for whittling that down. The Mobilia theme is a third-party theme developed by Out of the Sandbox.

The fact that you've identified that those customer signups work on a free Shopify theme like Debut, and on the Shopify checkout is excellent. It means that this is a theme issue and that you will want to reach out to the theme developers Out of the Sandbox for help with this issue. They should be able to inspect the code to see if anything is amiss.

It's important to consider too that if you've added any apps to your store, or made any code edits, that too may interfere with the normal functioning of your theme. So when you reach out to the theme developers about this, be sure to mention any such additions or changes so they can better diagnose the issue.

I hope that all helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes