Shopify & Amazon Integration : how can i link only 1 SKU to Amazon for fulfillment?

ValMil
Excursionist
14 0 1

Hi Community!

I have searched in the forum but cannot find the answer, hopefully, someone can guide me. 

• For the last 5 years, we were primarily an Amazon Seller, selling FBA only and all our Shopify orders were FBA as well.
  • We are moving away from FBA as we had a lot of issues with Amazon FC this year.
  • We have 5 SKUs, 1 one of them (our best seller on Amazon), will for now stay FBA.
  • The other 4 SKUs are now fulfilled by our 3PL partner and are market FBM (Fulfilled By Merchant) in Amazon.
    • The 3PL is fully integrated with Amazon and Shopify. 
    • Meaning all Amazon orders for the 4 FBM SKUs go straight from Amazon to the 3PL.
    • However, here is the issue: those Amazon orders also arrive in Shopify! It means that they show twice at our 3PL
  • The 5th SKU that is FBA is also sold on our website (and FBA), meaning I cannot fully deactivate the Amazon/Shopify integration
  • The question is: how to have 1 SKU out of the 5 linked to Amazon only?

I have taken out the Amazon Sales Channel in each of the 4 Shopify Listings but it has not solved the issue.

I have also made sure that for those 4 SKUs the inventory is managed by Shopify and not by Amazon anymore.

In theory, those 4 SKUs should not be linked but it seems that it is not enough to solve the issue.

Pretty sure we are not the only ones to have this need 🙂 Hopefully, someone has the answer.

Thank you very much for your help.

Valerie

BetterThanCoffee.com

Replies 2 (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2194 201 587

I've had problems with the Amazon Sales Channel in the past so stopped using it completely.

Instead I do this (on a store that has both Shopify orders to be fulfillled by Amazon FBA, and also Amazon orders to be fulfilled FBM):

1) Use the Amazon Fulfillment Service instead (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/fulfillment-services/amazon).

2) Configure the product(s) you want to fulfill by Amazon. (you can also automate the fulfillment if you want, using Order Automator app, details here: https://speedboostr.com/automate-order-fulfillment-on-shopify/).

3) Manage the product listing on Shopify via the Shopify admin, and for Amazon via CSV (in seller central: Inventory > Add products via upload).

4) For importing FBM orders from Amazon, into your Shopify store, I use the app Codisto.

This system essentially keeps Amazon and Shopify listings separate, except for fulfilling the items you choose to be fulfilled by FBA, and importing FBM orders.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

Ewa1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

Did you find solution to your issue? Now I am facing same problem - I do not understand why my FBM orders from Amazon shows in Shopify orders tab. And also- to make it more complicated Amazon shows this order as shipped and Shopify as fulfilled even if nobody did anything with the order. How is it possible? I hope you found an answer by now :).

I also do FBA for most of my SKUs and for items sold in www (shopify) so I can not disconnect Amazon from shopify..

Thanks

Ewa