Shopify marketing & statistic cookies still load prior to consent been granted

jpagan
Tourist
6 0 3

Today I have implemented the necessary steps for integrating the Customer Privacy API on my Shopify site.

Enabled the Online Store -> Preferences -> Customer privacy -> Limit tracking for customers in Europe checkbox & saved the change

Looking at the Storage -> Cookies tab in a brand new private Firefox window's developer tools before consent is given (using window.Shopify.customerPrivacy.setTrackingConsent(true, function() {}); ), a bunch of cookies still show. If I explicitly setTrackingConsent to false, then reload the page the same marketing/statistics cookies appear (which they shouldn't).

I have labelled all the cookies my site is showing prior to consent below, I have included the labelled which Cookebot label them as, which weirdly are different to how Shopify labels them:

Shopify cookies

1. _landing_page - marketing
  2. _orig_referrer - marketing
  3. _shopify_sa_p - marketing
  4. _shopify_sa_t - marketing
  5. _shopify_s - marketing according to cookiebot, but labelled as statistics (aka reporting & analytics) according to Shopify
  6. _shopify_y - marketing according to cookiebot, statistics (aka analytics) according to Shopify
  7. _s - marketing according to cookiebot, but labelled as statistics (aka analytics) according to Shopify
  8. _y - marketing according to cookiebot, statistics (aka analytics) according to Shopify
  9. _shopify_m - preferences
  10. _shopify_tm - preferences
  11. _shopify_tw - preferences
  12. _shopify_d - necessary according to cookiebot, but labelled as statistics (aka reporting & analytics) according to Shopify
  13. _tracking_consent - necessary
  14. cart_currency - necessary
  15. secure_customer_sig - necessary
  16. shopify_pay_redirect - necessary

Third party app cookies

1. __kla_id - statistics - I presume a third party app klaviyo is responsible for this, how can I report this so it gets resolved?

Let me know if I have misunderstood how to prevent these unnecessary cookies from loading, or, whether this is a higher level issue that I cannot solve without Shopify's intervention.

0 Likes