Solved

Shopify products and pages not updating on Instagram

BlueHighways
Tourist
5 0 1

Not sure if this is a Shopify problem or Instagram issue. Any tips to get updated products and pages to show up? When Instagram links to Shopify (customer swipes up for product, then clicks "view on website") I have discovered the shipping info link is my OLD shipping page with outdated info.

Also I am trying to link Instagram to a new product and it keeps showing me a product I deleted on Shopify 2 months ago, and it won't show the new product as a choice.

Hope this is clear enough. I use Brooklyn theme and have minimal coding skills.

www.bluehighwaystrading.com

Thank you

Tina

Accepted Solution (1)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

That's probably because the Facebook catalogue isn't syncing with your Instagram one correctly. I did find this guide in the Facebook help centre that has helped a few others get this issue sorted. You can manually add the products to your Instagram catalogue if they are not appearing and then you will be able to tag them in your Instagram posts. They also have a 'troubleshoot catalogue' page in the help centre here too that may help. 

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

That's probably because the Facebook catalogue isn't syncing with your Instagram one correctly. I did find this guide in the Facebook help centre that has helped a few others get this issue sorted. You can manually add the products to your Instagram catalogue if they are not appearing and then you will be able to tag them in your Instagram posts. They also have a 'troubleshoot catalogue' page in the help centre here too that may help. 

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]
BlueHighways
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for your reply! It seems the problem is within Shopify, as the page is not updated on the website. The new text is saved on the page, but the old text is displaying on the website. Everything else that I have edited recently has updated fine.

Jarod1
Visitor
1 0 0
Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

swatip
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello, this thread is over a year old but just wondering if you managed to get this fixed as I'm having the same challenge and came across this thread. Were you able to find a solution? Thanks. 

Thing4String
Visitor
1 0 0

hey, i’ve Been dealing with this issue too.  What I have found out is if you close out of Shopify, delete your browser’s browsing history, then try your website again you will see the changes.  It seems that the browser keeps using the same paths for traveling to pages, so when you change a Page in Shopify and save, the browser doesn’t read the new path to the Page (one that has the changes), it just travels the same old path so it doesn’t get to the area where the changed Page is stored.  

I don’t know how to fix it other that cleaning my browser history when I make a change.  But this isn’t a fix because each user would have to delete their browser history to see the new Page changes, IF THE HAVE GONE TO THAT PAGE BEFORE THE CHANGES WERE MADE..  If they haven’t gone to that Page before, the browser just reads the changed page’s path and everything looks good.

So I feel like there is a bug in there somewhere.

Goldeanfeats
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem when change the prices, the new prices will not be upgraded in IG and FB. 

Have you find a solution for that?