Shopify site loads super slow on Mobile

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time using the Shopify forum.  I built the website https://www.richardsonseating.com from scratch using the Debut theme.  I am not a web designer so I don't know how to fix technical issues.  I like the way the website looks overall but it loads very slowly on mobile and it could still be faster on PC.  I made my hero image smaller but that is about the limit of my ability to speed things up.  Does anyone who knows more than me have some quick wins on speeding up my site? 

Thanks,

Richardson Seating

@richardsonseating

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
808 67 188

Woot woot first post, welcome! 🥳

I ran your site through the Shopify Analyzer (a performance analysis tool my team built for the community). Here are the results: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fpann1sanv

You're looking pretty good already for theme optimization, let's figure out what else can be done.

1) Does every page lows slow for you? If only certain pages, analyze those and see what are the issues. (your product page loaded fast for me)

2) Is it only on your phone? Or have you had others test? (it loaded normal on my phone)

3) You can make remove the large hero image on your home page and it will load faster, but at the expense of risking the first impression. I would keep that, but just compress it so it loads faster.

- In the results above you'll see that the hero image is uncompressed. You can compress images to make them lighter without loss of resolution, here's how: https://speedboostr.com/how-to-compress-images-on-shopify

4) Chat apps are notoriously slow in regards to performance. They greatly increase engagement though. Some people and tools will want you to remove that, but I say keep it if it's working.

I would start with compressing your images (the Shopify Analyzer will tell you what needs to be compressed, and that article I shared will show you how to do it).

Once you have those, run any slow feeling pages through the analyzer and make sure you have everything covered.

If you ever need professional help contact my team, we do this stuff every day

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello,

Thanks for responding to my post!  Can you please email me so that you can tell me about your services?  ira@richardsonseating.com

Thanks,

Ira

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
808 67 188

Ya will do, I'll have our site analyzer do a more in depth review.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes