Shopify store closed and Third party domain still linked to shopify

RM20201
Visitor
1 0 0

I closed my Shopify store since Jan 2021. I used a third party domain and now that I want to use the domain on another hosting site the link is still being redirected to shopify with the following message. How can I fix

Only one step left!
To finish setting up your new web address, go to your domain settings, click "Connect existing domain", and enter: www.ryliemarketing.com

Reply 1 (1)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hey, @RM20201!

Sophia here from Shopify. 

It looks like your domain is pointing to a store now. If you had already adjusted the DNS settings to point to your new website, it may have just taken some time to recognize the change.

Our support team is happy to remove the domain from your old Shopify store even if you're not seeing that error message anymore. In order to remove the domain from Shopify, we will need you to contact our team through the Shopify Help Center and provide proof of ownership for the domain. Then, we can remove the domain on your behalf. However, you don't need to do this unless you're wanting to use the domain on another Shopify store in the future.

If the domain is staying on a third-party website for now, you just need to ensure that the DNS settings (like the A record and CNAME record) are pointing to that new website. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog