Shopify store prices dropped to pennies???

1 0 0

I got a notification for a sale today, and when I looked to see what the sale was it showed the item sold for .88 when the price I had set it at was $5.99. When I went into the item details the price was 88 cents. I started looking through my other items many of those prices were reduced to below a dollar as well. What would cause this? We are furious and frantic trying to update the pricing while the store is temporarily password protected so we don't lose anymore potential profit. Anyone else have this happen? I dont want this to happen again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
160 19 20

Hey, @socalsaint!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm happy to help with this!

It sounds like this might be attributed to an app that is updating pricing rules or set to change your product prices automatically.

There are some apps in the app store that can do this as a great way for business owners to automate their pricing strategies and improve their operational or marketing efforts.

If you've got more than a couple of apps that you've installed without customizing them fully, you might not be sure where this could be originating from.

I'd love to take a look at this for you. I've gone ahead and sent you an email to securely help you out with your account.

I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am having the same issue with my store. Did you figure out why it was doing this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
160 19 20

Hi @monique103!

Thanks for the reply on socalsaint's thread. For quicker more direct help to your questions, you can always start a new forum post if a solution isn't posted on the ones you searched in. That said, I was online and caught this reply so I wanted to reply as quickly as possible here for you.

As I mentioned in the previous reply in September, this situation with prices automatically changing usually happens if you have an app installed on your store that manages your product prices. If you're not dropshipping, it'd be necessary for you to let us know which apps you have installed. If you're dropshipping though, this is normally going to be one of the dropshipping apps you have installed.

Alternatively, this can also happen if you have requested a customized code for your theme that changes your prices. This particular situation would be hard to troubleshoot without access to your store account. In this event, you can either reach out to your developer to correct the issue or you can hire a partner here in the Shopify Experts Marketplace

As I'm not sure what you have installed or which business model you're running on your store account, I can only really provide some general guesses here for you at this time. If you can confirm your apps, I can definitely provide better troubleshooting help and solutions for you.

If you have Oberlo installed

Automatic price changes are useful with certain pricing rules on stores that can help automatically keep prices up to date when a supplier changes their price.

Because Oberlo is a Shopify app and the one that I'm most familiar with for dropshipping, I can show you below how to change your settings in that app if you have it.

1. Head over to Apps.

2. Find and select Oberlo if you have that app installed.

3. Once it opens, go to Settings in the app.

4. Scroll down to the Auto updates section.

5. You'll see the below section. I recommend the set up shown in the image below, but it will be up to you. However, to solve the auto-updating prices the highlighted setting in the image is the one you need to change to look like this:

alt

6. Don't forget to Save.

If you have another app of any type installed:

Since there are many different third-party apps that could be installed, I'm not able to get all the steps for every app available.

What I recommend in this case is to open up whichever product, pricing, management or dropshipping app you have installed and check in a settings section to see if you have any pricing rules enabled that allow for automatic price updates based on the changes from different sources.

Thanks for reaching out!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes