Shopify store prices dropped to pennies???

1 0 0

I got a notification for a sale today, and when I looked to see what the sale was it showed the item sold for .88 when the price I had set it at was $5.99. When I went into the item details the price was 88 cents. I started looking through my other items many of those prices were reduced to below a dollar as well. What would cause this? We are furious and frantic trying to update the pricing while the store is temporarily password protected so we don't lose anymore potential profit. Anyone else have this happen? I dont want this to happen again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
70 6 12

Hey, @socalsaint!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm happy to help with this!

It sounds like this might be attributed to an app that is updating pricing rules or set to change your product prices automatically.

There are some apps in the app store that can do this as a great way for business owners to automate their pricing strategies and improve their operational or marketing efforts.

If you've got more than a couple of apps that you've installed without customizing them fully, you might not be sure where this could be originating from.

I'd love to take a look at this for you. I've gone ahead and sent you an email to securely help you out with your account.

I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes